ACN: Raul Castro Presides at May Day Celebrations in Havana

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 5:45 AM
      This morning I spoke with friends in Havana. One who is
      80 will watch the march at home on TV. She's already
      doing that now. Another who is 67 was getting up and
      dressed to walk over to the Plaza. It's only a few
      blocks and he's retired. Last night another friend who
      lives around the corner from the plaza told me that he
      had to leave home at 5:30. He's a worker and will march
      with the contingent from his workplace, so he had to
      get out early to join them, and had to walk all the way
      around the plaza to get there.

      We're expecting a crushingly large mobilization today.
      It will demonstrate to the whole world that support for
      the Cuban Revolution is and remain strong on the island.
      Marches like these will take place all over the island.

      Here in Los Angeles I'll be participating in our local
      march, which some estimates say will draw 100,000.

      Walter Lippmann.

      Raul Castro Presides at May Day Celebrations in Havana

      HAVANA, Cuba, May 1 (acn) Cuban President Raul Castro arrived at the
      Jose Marti Revolution Square minutes before the beginning of the May
      Day celebrations in Havana.

      Wearing a white guayabera (typical Cuban loose lightweight shirt),
      Raul presides over the celebration to mark the International Workers’
      Day in which the Cuban people are also reiterating their support of
      the Cuban Revolution.

      More than 1,300 foreign guests from 33 countries and more than 100
      organizations in solidarity with Cuba are also participating in the
      rally.

      "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"