Upcoming Labor Tour

  • RWalker949@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2010
      From: Panafrican Connection <panafric@...>
      To: 'Bandele Tyehima' <panafric@...>
      Sent: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 11:49 pm
      Subject: Upcoming Labor Tour

      Greetings,

      Friends,

      We hope that you and your families are well. We arevery excited about an upcoming labor tour. On Sunday March 28 andpossibly on Monday March 29, a rare exchange with Latin American labor leaderswill take place in Dallas. We were wondering if you wanted to have them speak at your church on Sunday or anyevent on Monday. Moreover, we are asking your support in spreading theword about this very important tour. It was noted by one of theorganizers that it is very difficult for labor organizers to get visas approvedfor travel to the U.S.; therefore we will seize thisopportunity to build solidarity among the working class in our communities and throughoutthe world.

      We appreciate your work in educating and organizing peoplearound working class issues and want to share this opportunity with as many workingpeople, union organizers, and community leaders as possible.

      More detailef information will be coming soon. You maycontact us at 214-943-8262.

      Thanks,

      Bandele and Akwete Tyehimba
      The Pan-African Connection Bookstore and Resource Center

      Gilda Chacon Bravo/Cuba Central Workers of Cuba
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour/04/2009_13_thu.shtml

      Efran Valentin YepezConcha – an int'l Rep of the Labor
      Federation)/ Peru

      Ronal Quesada Zamora/Costa Rica (Health care workers)

      For more information or to schedule an interview or event, call: 313 575 4933;
      email: laborexchange@... or visit: laborexchange.blogspot.com
      Initiated by: U.S./Cuba Labor Exchange, World Federation of Trade Unions—Americas,
      International Action Center Public Events/Los Eventos Publicos:

      During the last two weeks in March a group of trade unionists from Latin America
      will tour the U.S.

      In the public events below we will have a rare opportunity to learn about the struggles
      our sisters and brothers to the South are engaged in.

      Although their wages are much, much lower than our in many ways their issues are the same:
      the bosses want to cut their wages, eliminate their jobs, and bust their unions. In some countries union people
      have been beaten, tortured, fired and murdered.

      This exchange of stories, ideas and working class solidarity between workers of the Americas is
      needed in today’s global economy. Please spread the word in your unions and to your religious and
      community groups about this important gathering.

      An exchange with Latin American
      Labor Leaders/Los invitamos a
      intercambiar con Lideres Sindicalistas
      de Latino-America
      Gilda Chacon Bravo,
      Central Trabajadores de Cuba, Federacion Sindical Mundial—Americas—
      CUBA
      Ronal Quesada Zamora,
      Secretaría de Nacionales e Internacionales de UNDECA—
      COSTA RICA
      Efrain Valentín Yepez Concha,
      Secretario de Relaciones Internacionales de la CGTP,
      Central General de Trabajadores de Peru—PERU
      March 17, 18—Washington, D.C.
      March 19—Philadelphia
      7 pm SEIU Local 668
      (1924 Spring Garden St., 19130)
      March 21—Cleveland
      3 pm Local 1005 UAW
      (5615 Chevrolet Blvd., 44130)
      March 22—Toledo, OH
      7 pm FLOC (1221 Broadway St., 43609)
      March 23—Detroit Metro
      6 pm Local 174 UAW
      (29841 Van Born Rd., Romulus 48174)
      March 24—Chicago
      7 pm U.E. Hall, (37 S. Ashland Ave., 60607)
      March 26—San Diego
      6 pm Teamster’s Hall (2731 “B” St., 92102)
      March 27—Los Angeles
      1 pm SEIU 721 (500 S. Virgil, 90020)
      6 pm UTLA Hall (3303 Wilshire Blvd., 90011)
      March 28—Dallas
      6 pm Pan African Connection Bookstore
      (612 E. Jefferson, 75203)
      March 29-31—New York, Boston (TBA)