Re: [CubaNews] ELECTIONS IN CUBA?

  • Kristina Hillgren
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      Bra rutet, Björklund. Duberque verkar speedad, så inihelsike mångordig och osorterad, eller vad säker Du? frågar Hillgren>

    • eva.bjorklund
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        For the information of mister MDubuque. It is very well to defend Cuba, but
        not by spreading false information. Cuba has free elections, freee, secret,
        voluntary and generel elections every 2,5 years to the municipal councils,
        called Asambleas del Poder Popular Municipal. All Cubans of 16 years of age
        have the right to nominate, be nominated and elect and be elected. The big
        difference from other parlamentarian systems is that there are no parties
        involved, not even the comunist party, the nominations are not made by
        parties, but by the neighbours in every electoral district. And there are
        in the same way free, voluntary, secret elections every 5 year to procincial
        and national parliament. In those election every municipality elects a
        number of parliamentarians, and that way Fidel Castro has been elected since
        1975 to represent a municipality in southern Cuba.
        Thereafter the parliament elects among themselves the president, who at the
        same time is prime minister, and elects all the ministers of the
        governement.
        So there are freee elections to the municipal, procincial and national
        level, Fidel has repeatedly been elected directly by his municipality to the
        parliament, and elected by the parliament to be president.
        , Eva Björklund

      • MDubuque
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          Eva-

          This is entirely consistent with what I said. Fidel is elected by
          the legislature just like the PM of Japan is elected by the Diet.

          Both legislatures (of Cuba and Japan) are directly elected by
          districts.

          And up until the election of Ariel Sharon, this is how Israel always
          chose their leadership.

          However Cuba is the victim of genocidal sanctions, partially imposed
          unlawfully because they have chosen this method.

          Japan of course is a close ally of the US.

          Matthew

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/