Re: [Crosley_Gang] cooling water question

  • Ron Frost, Kersey, PA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      OK thanks Jim. Guess I'll leave it alone.
      Ron

      Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
      Yep it is suppose to be there it spreads the water across the
      cylinders. Without it the center two cylinders would run cooler than
      the outer two. It may also act as a restrictor but I think it is
      mainly to spread the cooling.

      Jim...

      On Jun 30, 2006, at 7:41 PM, Ron Frost wrote:

      > Hi Folks, Located on the right side of the engine block , under the
      > exhaust mahifold is a connection for a hose that comes from the pump.
      > Inside the connection is a plug, or flat plate, with a small hole,
      > about 5/16" dia.
      > Is this supposed to be there? Is it a restrictor to regulate the
      > cooling water flow?
      > Thanks in advance for any help.
      > Ron

      Ron Frost
      Kersey, PA
      http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

      http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

      " Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "