Re: ENGINE COLORS

  • BARRY SEEL
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
      but what else can you call it? my son had a 67 Mustang that was the
      same identical Puke green, as the early Crosley engines. I bet Powel
      got the paint for nothing!
      Barry

      --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "seb fontana" <speedoo51@...>

    • Shrnhn2@wmconnect.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
        THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO RESPONDED TO MY INFO REQUEST. I AM SURE I WILL HAVE
        MORE REQUESTS AS I PUT THIS THING BACK TOGETHER.

        DON HENDERSON

      • seb fontana
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
          Powel probably got several colors and threw them all in the
          pot..my friend tried that when painting his garage...the garage is
          not just one ugly color but several!!! Seb.

        • berard_m@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
            After WW2 my dad bought a 55 gal. drum of sea foam green surplus from some place. Could have been Ford cause the stuff matched my 46 Ford convert. Any how, my pop, being the frugal down east chap that he was, commenced to paint every damn thing in site with this paint. 55 gallons will make a real dent in the covering of; lawn furniture, the grape trellis, an American Motoscoot, a Lyman lap strake boat, the warf at the lake, a few used cars etc. etc. etc. If the dog would hold still he'da been green. And I'll bet when he passed away he still had plenty of that crap left but could no longer stomach the sight of it. I sure couldn't. Good lucky purchases can some times turn sour in time. Any hoo, might be ol' Powell picked up some Navy surplus and put it to good use......peter
            "BARRY SEEL" <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

            > but what else can you call it? my son had a 67 Mustang that was
            the
            > same identical Puke green, as the early Crosley engines. I bet
            Powel
            > got the paint for nothing!
            > Barry
            >
            > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "seb fontana" <speedoo51@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Gees, Barry...I caught hell once for calling it "puke"
            green!!!
            > > Seb.
            > >

            > > "BARRY SEEL" <CROSLEY19@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have found #1608 Krylon smoke gray spray paint to be a
            perfect
            > > match
            > > > for the engine block, and as Dave said Chinese red for the
            valve
            > > cover
            > > > and oil pan. some of the early tin blocks were a puke green.
            > > > Barry
            > > >
            > > > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Anspach"
            > > <tmkldwwj@>

            > > look
            > > > on
            > > block in
            > > in the
            > > components. The
            > else?

            Automotive maintenance Classic cars for sale Classic car insurance

          • G foster
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2006
              I'm sure that it was from some other use ,most likely a military spec.paint
              from one of his many war time contracts.it looks a lot like what air force
              used at the time for most everything in sight.I have it on dads tin block
              orig.engine from the wag. Gary Foster

              wrote:

              > Gees, Barry...I caught hell once for calling it "puke" green!!!
              > Seb.
              >

              > "BARRY SEEL" <CROSLEY19@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have found #1608 Krylon smoke gray spray paint to be a perfect
              > match
              > > for the engine block, and as Dave said Chinese red for the valve
              > cover
              > > and oil pan. some of the early tin blocks were a puke green.
              > > Barry
              > >
              > > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Anspach"
              > <tmkldwwj@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Since no one else gave an answer, I'll give it a shot. If you
              > look
              > > on
              > > > the club page under the engine family tree, you will see the
              > block in
              > > > a machine gray and letters in the chinese red. Valve cover is
              > in the
              > > > same red. I have seen a lot of variety in the other
              > components. The
              > > > majority I have seen are in gloss black for starter and voltage
              > > > regulator. The generator I have seen in both black and a light
              > > > green. The hold down I have always seen in black. Anything
              else?

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Richard Rowland
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2006
                Ol' Powell sure didn't buy any puke green paint from Navy surplus.....had to be Army ! !

                Cuz when the Navy mixed paint like they showed in "Mr. Roberts" with Henry Fonda & James Cagney, that's what they painted the submarine with ! ! ! !.........PINK PAINT ! ! ! !................

                Rich

                SPONSORED LINKS Crosley part<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Crosley+part&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=s_v_yMwH4EtvNjBdYbRdcQ> Classic cars<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Classic+cars&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=1VyiZ6s9kdiQcK8qUfXOlA> Sweat shirts<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sweat+shirts&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=JZs4z8J3Ui_zquhahIuJQQ>
                Automotive maintenance<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Automotive+maintenance&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=2yq6dDIFEzTeQwGIR3DvTg> Classic cars for sale<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Classic+cars+for+sale&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=FDaxohX3L8K5PfhaYk1vzQ> Classic car insurance<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Classic+car+insurance&w1=Crosley+part&w2=Classic+cars&w3=Sweat+shirts&w4=Automotive+maintenance&w5=Classic+cars+for+sale&w6=Classic+car+insurance&c=6&s=136&.sig=Qwm02F6alsd1TbgIa8x_mw>