What is it?

  • hoosiercrosley
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 5:03 AM
      I just purchased a 51-52 cut down wagon. It has no roof or doors,
      also the windshield frame is gone. But whoever done it did a nice
      job,not sloppy. The gentleman that I bought it from says that it was
      a crosley field car. Like something that they used at the factory?
      Does anybody know if there was such a car. If not, I'm just going to
      use it for parts.

      Thanks, Bo.
    • pauleastwood2
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 17, 2005
        I just bought a 1950 Super Sport and am trying to identify an odd
        accessory. It has something attached to the driver's side windshield
        frame and I am trying to find out what it is. It appears to be a light
        of some sort. It kind of looks like a police spotlight. Has anyone
        ever seen anything like this before? It appears to be stock or just
        very well installed.

        I posted picture in the photo section. Go to the "Super Sports" folder
        and then to the "50 Super Sport" folder. There are three pictures.

        Thanks,
        Paul Eastwood
      • Jim_Bollman
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
          Was sent 3 pictures of a fiberglass bodied Crosley. Below is a link to the first of the 3 pictures. Anyone have any ideas what it is. Looks a little like a Devin or a Sabre but not exactly, from the pictures I have.

        • hal kolding
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
            Looks great to me!! Does it need a new home? I sure would like it in my garage. Hal

            To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com
            From: Jim.Bollman@...
            Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 02:52:56 +0000
            Subject: [Crosley_Gang] What is it?

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 30, 2011
              Don't know to much in the way of availability or even where it is. Was sent the photos for identifying what it was. If it becomes available I will put up an ad.

              Jim...

              --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, hal kolding <bethalk@...> wrote:

              > Looks great to me!! Does it need a new home? I sure would like it in my garage. Hal
              >
              > To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com
              > From: Jim.Bollman@...
              > Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 02:52:56 +0000
              > Subject: [Crosley_Gang] What is it?

              > Was sent 3 pictures of a fiberglass bodied Crosley. Below is a link to the first of the 3 pictures. Anyone have any ideas what it is. Looks a little like a Devin or a Sabre but not exactly, from the pictures I have.

              > Jim...

            • Chuck
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 30, 2011
                It looks like an Almquist Sabre---I had 3 of them. Chuck-k

                --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Bollman" <Jim.Bollman@...> wrote:

                > Don't know to much in the way of availability or even where it is. Was sent the photos for identifying what it was. If it becomes available I will put up an ad.
                >
                > Jim...
                >
                > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, hal kolding <bethalk@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Looks great to me!! Does it need a new home? I sure would like it in my garage. Hal
                > >
                > > To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: Jim.Bollman@
                > > Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 02:52:56 +0000
                > > Subject: [Crosley_Gang] What is it?

                > > Was sent 3 pictures of a fiberglass bodied Crosley. Below is a link to the first of the 3 pictures. Anyone have any ideas what it is. Looks a little like a Devin or a Sabre but not exactly, from the pictures I have.

                > > Jim...

              • Robert Connearney
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 30, 2011
                Looks pretty much like an Almquist Sabre II, which had that type of headlight arrangement, as opposed to the more common Sabre I, which head no headlight provisions. If needed, lights were put in the grill opening, or faired into the fenders a la C-Jaguar. With a little luck, I will have been successful at attaching a couple of pics.

                 Bob Connearney

                Message 8 of 8 , Sep 30, 2011
                  Thanks Bob, I was just about to post that ChuckK sent me a picture of Sabre II and that looked to be the match.

                  Jim...