Radiator Fans!

  • x779@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      Well, I also have fans that look as though they'd been repaired. This
      must be a common problem. The car ran so cool with the heavy-duty core,
      even with the new thermostat, that I'm seriously thinking of prying off
      the remaining blades and experimenting with natural cooling. (Yes, I'll
      watch the temp gauge.)

      Regards....
      Lou
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
      – Robert Anthony
    • rwright24127
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        --- In Crosley_Gang@y..., x779@w... wrote:
        > Well, I also have fans that look as though they'd been repaired.
        This
        > must be a common problem. The car ran so cool with the heavy-duty
        core,
        > even with the new thermostat, that I'm seriously thinking of prying
        off
        > the remaining blades and experimenting with natural cooling. (Yes,
        I'll
        > watch the temp gauge.)
        >
        > Regards....
        > Lou
        >
        > The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
        > – Robert Anthony

        Lou, You can do this only if the car is constantly moving; Maybe. When
        the car is at idle, the radeator and engine compartment will not be
        able to remove the heat from the coolant. Ron
      • speedoo51
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
          --- Small electric temperature controlled fan should be availible
          from some small car [that would be 12v] but may do enough on 6v. Seb.