e-bay seller WARNING

  • mcriverbug
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      If you sell on e-bay, watch out for the e-mail that looks identical
      to the e-bay logo and coloring. The page looks so real it is
      impossible to tell. They say they are upgrading their files and need
      information,credit card numbers, and even bank account numbers (my
      RED flag).When in doubt , contact e-bay,even if it takes a week for
      them to answer. - John
    • Chuck Koehler
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        Received that about 2-weeks ago--mailed it to e-bay--took them 4-5
        min. to get back to me saying it's not from
        them.
        --- In
        Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "mcriverbug" <mcriverbug@y...> wrote:
        > If you sell on e-bay, watch out for the e-mail that looks identical
        > to the e-bay logo and coloring. The page looks so real it is
        > impossible to tell. They say they are upgrading their files and
        need
        > information,credit card numbers, and even bank account numbers (my
        > RED flag).When in doubt , contact e-bay,even if it takes a week for
        > them to answer. - John
      • Chuck Koehler
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
          This applies to buyer & seller------- In
          Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Koehler" <chuckhk@e...> wrote:
          > Received that about 2-weeks ago--mailed it to e-bay--took them 4-5
          > min. to get back to me saying it's not from

          them.
          > --- In
          > Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "mcriverbug" <mcriverbug@y...> wrote:
          > > If you sell on e-bay, watch out for the e-mail that looks
          identical
          > > to the e-bay logo and coloring. The page looks so real it is
          > > impossible to tell. They say they are upgrading their files and
          > need
          > > information,credit card numbers, and even bank account numbers
          (my
          > > RED flag).When in doubt , contact e-bay,even if it takes a week
          for
          > > them to answer. - John
        • MICHAEL STACH
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            Forward a copy of this type of E-Mail to Ebay at the following address

            stuff@...

            They can try to trace it.

            Mike