setback on the way to Wauseon

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013
      is there a "tough luck" category at the National Meet? can I get into the mix?
      last weekend I lost the coolant circulator on the 49 sedan I am trying to bring on Friday.
      this car I won on E-bay and went to California after Thanksgiving to pick up.
      when I took the old one off, naturally I broke a bolt flush in the block. perfect opportunity,
      I gonna stick in the 34 horse dual carbed engine I have. I pulled the one out of the 49,
      got the replacement ready, checked it just to be sure, urrrgh it has stuck, certainly not hard,
      but stuck. OK, the broken bolt is the top one, through the flange, not into the block. since the
      engine is already out, we drill it and away we go. between the rain (I'm working outside under
      a carport), the heat (been in the 90s all week), and my sore old body, an afternoon job has
      turned into four days. ahh, getting close. nearly buttoned up and realize some jerk has stolen
      my battery. in 40+ years here very little has been stolen, they got me this time. you couldn't see
      it from the street, was safely hidden.
      Mr Jim, I want to cuss, but the other emotion is more fun. (trash men came while we were at
      breakfast Wednesday and probably walked up the driveway to see the little car). I just hope the
      thief really intended to use it in his car. he probably only wanted the 5 bucks core money, but I
      hope he needed the battery. love to have seen his face when he realized it's 6 volt!!!  barring
      any more thrills, I am back on track, I might get there with a dirty car and handprints, but I'm
      putting on my big boy pants and heading north in the morning. Becky has seen the doctor and
      I'm cleaning up for my meeting this evening, then clear sailing after a few more little jobs get
      done later this evening.   paul