Re: SANDY

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
      power is back as of 5am this morning--wide spread damage--trees down,cars smashed,homes holding up trees,some not so good,basements flooded,roads closed with trees still across them.I spent many hours running with the local fire company and police department. It was good to have a generator. The only place to get a hot meal(dinner) was about 8 miles away. But all is good.Just a little tired. Chuck-k

      --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <mcintyreclifford85@...> wrote:

      > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <tmkldwwj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, we here in my part of Pa. didn't fare too badly from the storm. I worry about our friends in NY and out on the island...particularly Papa Jaks and family. I hope yopu guys weigh in soon and let us know how you are doing. New England also appears to have been hit particularly hard.
      > >
      > still snowing and blowing in wv getting close to four feet in some spots

    • W R
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
        Chuck:
        Glad to hear you made it thru "Sandy" OK. We.re sure you've been tired out with your Fire Dept work, so please be careful! Good luck with the local clean-up efforts! We'll find out more about our Pa. place whenever the cell phone service is restored here in Jersey.
        Pete & Paula

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
          We put 5 generators out to control the traffic lights--all were chained and locked. We lost 2. They cut the chain on one--broke the handle on the other.We pulled the rest out of service at 7 pm wed eveing. Chuck-k