gas tank

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2012
      I have a tank packed in the van along with over 20 carbs to sell. Also have some BRAJE stuff. Chuck-k
    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 1, 2012
        I have a tank packed in the van along with over 20 carbs to sell. Also have some BRAJE stuff. Chuck-k
      • Pete & Julie Berard
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 1, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 3.6 MB
        I'll needa look through the Braje stuff.
        If I buy anything from Wauseon we gotta git rid of somethin' we have in the car.
          I think I can chunk all them under shorts. One pair is nuff cause they don't show no how.

        I have a tank packed in the van along with over 20 carbs to sell. Also have some BRAJE stuff. Chuck-k

      • crosley19
        Message 4 of 21 , Jul 1, 2012
          Pete, That Braje stuff don't fit on the old Chief. I hope you are bringing some good beer with. I am getting awful thirsty.
          Barry

          --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Pete & Julie Berard <berard_m@...> wrote:

          > I'll needa look through the Braje stuff.
          > If I buy anything from Wauseon we gotta git rid of somethin' we have in the car.
          >   I think I can chunk all them under shorts. One pair is nuff cause they don't show no how.

        • John Simmons
          Message 5 of 21 , Jul 2, 2012

            John Simmons, Lyndhurst,VA. @john46crosley88@...  -  (540)-471-1634
          • Don Strah
            Message 6 of 21 , May 14 8:46 PM
              ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx
            • Jim_Bollman
              Message 7 of 21 , May 23 5:53 AM
                I didn't see an answer to your question so I will try. Talking just post war Crosleys there are two primary shapes/styles, early CC and all others. I had thought the actual gas filler inlet moves a little on CD versus VC but I have never had two together to compare and they only show one part number. The actual filler pipe is different between the two.

                Jim...

                --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Don Strah <donstrah@...> wrote:

                > ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx

              • L.E. Hardee
                Message 8 of 21 , May 23 6:42 AM
                  Don't forget the FOR variation with gas cap on top of tank.

                  On 5/23/13, Jim_Bollman <Jim.Bollman@...> wrote:
                  > I didn't see an answer to your question so I will try. Talking just post
                  > war Crosleys there are two primary shapes/styles, early CC and all others.
                  > I had thought the actual gas filler inlet moves a little on CD versus VC but
                  > I have never had two together to compare and they only show one part number.
                  > The actual filler pipe is different between the two.
                  >
                  > Jim...
                  >
                  > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Don Strah <donstrah@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to
                  >> know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so
                  >> I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx

                • Peter Berard
                  Message 9 of 21 , May 23 7:28 AM
                      I don't know if this will help, but, my 48 truck and 52 Super Sport are the same. That will make the tanks same as the HS.

                      But, I do believe the very early (round sides) trucks were different. They fed from the inside of the bed.
                      The FOR had a different filler from all the rest.

                       I like the filler on my Mini Moke the best. You can fill it with a milk bucket or a slop jar and not spill a drop.
                      It'll dang near require an eye dropper for a Crosley.................p

                    I didn't see an answer to your question so I will try. Talking just post war Crosleys there are two primary shapes/styles, early CC and all others. I had thought the actual gas filler inlet moves a little on CD versus VC but I have never had two together to compare and they only show one part number. The actual filler pipe is different between the two.

                    Jim...

                    --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Don Strah <donstrah@...> wrote:

                    > ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx

                  • gary talmage
                    Message 10 of 21 , May 23 11:11 AM
                      Hi Jim; Do you have a rear view picture of the 1947 Crosley wagon showing the correct license plate location? If it's not a whole lot of trouble, could you send me a picture at newlot954@... Thanks in advance. Gary

                      Message 11 of 21 , May 23 1:14 PM
                        As far as I know the 47 and 48 wagon rear license plat location are the same, it changed in 49 when they went to the two in fender taillights. Here is a link to the rear of a 48.
                        <http://crosleyautoclub.com/Details/CC/48Wagon-rear.JPG>

                        Jim...

                        Message 12 of 21 , May 24 6:02 AM
                          Hi Jim; Great picture! Thanks, again. Gary

                          Message 13 of 21 , May 24 6:04 AM

                            Message 14 of 21 , May 25 7:27 PM
                              thanks I can now clean out the one I got and weld the hole  and seal it and finish fuel system then on to hydraulic brakes lol

                              --- In mailto:Crosley_Gang%40yahoogroups.com, Don Strah <donstrah@...> wrote:

                              > ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx

                            • Don Strah

                                I didn't see an answer to your question so I will try. Talking just post war Crosleys there are two primary shapes/styles, early CC and all others. I had thought the actual gas filler inlet moves a little on CD versus VC but I have never had two together to compare and they only show one part number. The actual filler pipe is different between the two.

                                Jim...

                                --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Don Strah <donstrah@...> wrote:

                                > ok guys got the hotshot running with fuel hose and gas can now I need to know is there only one or more than one style of gas tanks for crosleys so I get or use the right one for the hotshot thanks don in tx

                              • anson spence
                                Message 16 of 21 , Feb 22
                                  does anybody have a good one for sell 831 449 8881 or email
                                • anson spence
                                  Message 17 of 21 , Feb 23
                                    GAS TANK FOR A CROSLEY  does anyone have a good one for sell