CD Pickup information needed,,,

  • Dale
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      I am working on a CD pickup truck and I need to know the dimensions of the triangular metal piece (support) at the top of the bed behind the cab. I also need some pictures of the tailgate and how the latches(or lack of) were made and where the chains were mounted. My tailgage was gone and I am using a SW tailgate. Please email me the pics and information to kimndale97@...
      Thanks,
      Dale
    • Peter Berard
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
           Dale,
          Be glad to get you this stuff if the bracket is same on my 48 CC truck.................p

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          Not sure if the bracket is the same on CC to CD or not. I know the latch and chain are differesnt.
          Thanks,
          Dale

          --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

          > Dale,
          > Be glad to get you this stuff if the bracket is same on my 48 CC truck.................p

        • Peter Berard
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
              Maybe we are speaking of two different things.
            What I thought you referred to was the triangle bracket that connects the rear of the cab with the top rail of the pickup body.                pete
            Not sure if the bracket is the same on CC to CD or not. I know the latch and chain are differesnt.
            Thanks,
            Dale

            --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

            > Dale,
            > Be glad to get you this stuff if the bracket is same on my 48 CC truck.................p

          • Dale
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
              Yes that is one of the items I need dimensions on.
              Thanks,
              Dale

              --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

              > Maybe we are speaking of two different things.
              > What I thought you referred to was the triangle bracket that connects the rear of the cab with the top rail of the pickup body. pete

            • Steve
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011

                Be careful using dimensions of the cab-to-box brace on a '48 model.  My factory '48 pickup didn't have the braces from the factory.  As a result, the frame cracked and the body warped.  I think many '48 pickups had home-made braces added after-the-fact.  Roundsides didn't have these braces as the round fenders provided greater rigidity on the back body.

                On the CD pickups I have usually seen a taller triangular piece on the upper back of the cab going down to the box.  There is usually a round hole in this brace.  Inside the box, there is usually a flat steel brace / bracket that runs to the lower part of the cab from the backend of the upper triangle.  The upper lip of the box is usually sandwiched between those two pieces..

                "Peter Berard" <berard_m@> wrote:

                > > Dale,
                > > Be glad to get you this stuff if the bracket is same on my 48 CC
                truck.................p

              • Steve
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011

                  Go to page 1 of the photos from the 2001 national meet.  Look at the photo of the red pickup with the "just married" sign.  You'll see the brace and bracket I described.

                  "Peter Berard" <berard_m@> wrote:

                  > > Dale,
                  > > Be glad to get you this stuff if the bracket is same on my 48 CC
                  truck.................p

                • Jim_Bollman
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
                    Steve, I looked back through a bunch of pictures and didn't find any roundsides missing the braces. Does seem to be some variation in size but they all had them, even a couple that were old enough pictures that I believe they were unrestored/molested.

                    I can believe they they got left off once in awhile at the factory but I think all years are suppose to have them.

                    Jim...

                    --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <brawnybug@...> wrote:

                    > Be careful using dimensions of the cab-to-box brace on a '48 model. My
                    > factory '48 pickup didn't have the braces from the factory. As a result,
                    > the frame cracked and the body warped. I think many '48 pickups had
                    > home-made braces added after-the-fact. Roundsides didn't have these braces
                    > as the round fenders provided greater rigidity on the back body.
                    >

                    > On the CD pickups I have usually seen a taller triangular piece on the upper
                    > back of the cab going down to the box. There is usually a round hole in
                    > this brace. Inside the box, there is usually a flat steel brace / bracket
                    > that runs to the lower part of the cab from the backend of the upper
                    > triangle. The upper lip of the box is usually sandwiched between those two
                    > pieces..
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Peter Berard
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                       I'll get them to you today.......p
                      Yes that is one of the items I need dimensions on.
                      Thanks,
                      Dale

                      --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

                      > Maybe we are speaking of two different things.
                      > What I thought you referred to was the triangle bracket that connects the rear of the cab with the top rail of the pickup body. pete

                    • Peter Berard
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                           Mine is a 48 and 1/2..............pp
                        Be careful using dimensions of the cab-to-box brace on a '48 model.  My factory '48 pickup didn't have the braces from the factory.  As a result, the frame cracked and the body warped.  I think many '48 pickups had home-made braces added after-the-fact.  Roundsides didn't have these braces as the round fenders provided greater rigidity on the back body.

                        On the CD pickups I have usually seen a taller triangular piece on the upper back of the cab going down to the box.  There is usually a round hole in this brace.  Inside the box, there is usually a flat steel brace / bracket that runs to the lower part of the cab from the backend of the upper triangle.  The upper lip of the box is usually sandwiched between those two pieces..

                        Yes that is one of the items I need dimensions on.
                        Thanks,
                        Dale

                        --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

                        > Maybe we are speaking of two different things.
                        > What I thought you referred to was the triangle bracket that connects the rear of the cab with the top rail of the pickup body. pete

                      • Geoff
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                          My 47 roundside has these little braces, and came with them.