Re: Weird!

  • butch46988
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
      Tim, The only problem with your plan, I believe that Sharkey has an "out of state" title. That will require an inspection by a LEO for VIN verification.

      If it was just an in state transfer there would (normally) be no inspection involved.

      Although a few years ago, the BMV insisted on a VIN verification on a Crosley with an old (1957) Indiana title.

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors Inc, 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

      --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hamblen" <flinttim@...> wrote:

      > Geoff, -SNIP- The title is the important thing. Matter of fact you can just take the title to the DMV and get your plates.

    • Geoff and Luan Male
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011
                 Thanks Fellers.  I took the car down to the DMV with all the paperwork, but as I've never found the tag tying the car to the title, was refused. I faxed the title and registration to our Butch, who will make what must be a very beautiful tag. Mounting this, I must have a cop of any kind certify that the tag number is a match to the car. The DMV ladies will then issue a new title and registration, at which point I will have to assign a value to Sharkey, and buy plates for it.

        A Home Away From Home

        Phone:  (812) 594-2374
        Email:           awayfromhome@...

        www.AHomeAwayFromHome.petfinder.com

      • Smedley, Barry
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011

          How do you apply value to a fish???  The taste???  LOL!!!

                                                                                 Barry Smedley

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2011

            Perhaps a fishing license would be better? I have seen the hill from Jeff's place and if the brakes fail there will be a sharky in the Ohio River! With all the ice fishing here in MN we are used to fishing with tow-trucks for Baracudas, Marlins, Silverados, etc... but never a shark!