Re: [Crosley_Gang] Wauseon - Gathering

  • BUTCH WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
      Steve,

      Jim is right, by now all the local rooms are usually taken by the middle of
      May.

      However, I just let two of our rooms at the exit 3 Super 8 go yesterday.

      We usually hold a few extra rooms for customers that need rooms late. We
      have to cancel 2 weeks before the date. Dennis let me slip by with less
      than the 2 weeks this one time.

      Give him a call at 1-419-335-9841, tell him Butch from Service Motors sent
      you (maybe that will get me off of HIS LIST).

      If he doesn't have any left, call me at 1-574-664-3313, I do still have a
      couple of other extras available.

      Butch Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313

      > Steve, I would guess the closest motels will be full, but a call
      > wouldn't hurt. The motels on my list a little further away will
      > probably have rooms still. http://www.ggw.org/~cac/motels-camping.html
      >
      > Should be a fun weekend. I'll probably do a drive through on Wednesday
      > afternoon to say to the real early birds then stop back Thursday night
      > for the campfire and I'll be around all day Friday and Saturday.
      >
      > Jim...
      >
      > On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 10:39 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks for the email, Jim! I think we will try to drive down to
      > > Wauseon but
      > > unknown what day. Since we have never been to a National before, we
      > > have
      > > much ot learn including where to stay (haven't made any reservations!
      > > Is it
      > > too late?). I hope to have a trailer so that we can bring our '48
      > > wagon but
      > > not sure about that either. So much is up in the air, plus wife is
      > > suffering with a bad back and that may cause plans to alter
      > > drastically.
      > > Luckily, we aren't that far from Wauseon (100 miles+/-). Hope to meet
      > > some
      > > of you and put names with faces etc. Steve Turner
    • David W. Anspach
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2003
        Steve;
        I checked Expedia and it shows that the Holiday Inn still has
        rooms available.
      • Kevin Golden
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2003
          Arriving late Friday evening or early Saturday morning.

          Kevin.