SEPT. 11 AUCTION

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
      In case anyone didn't already make the assumption, I want to offer my place for storage of anything that any member would buy at the Henry Stetler Auction. I can only offer safe outdoor storage, but we can always put tarps over anything. Of course, I have some space for parts so that could be indoors. I am about 20 miles from the auction and I have enough space for storage. Please be sure whatever you buy has nice hubcaps (LOL). I hope to see those of you that are attending there!!!
      Dave
    • Bill Cunningham
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        I'm assuming you will also offer no interest, no pay back, long term financing for purchases?  I may also need absentee bidding service as well.....Thanks in advance!

        To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com
        From: tmkldwwj@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:20:13 +0000
        Subject: [Crosley_Gang] SEPT. 11 AUCTION

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
          Anything to help a friend....especially you Bill. Hope you buy that VC. It has windshield wipers on it!!! Happy to store that one!!!

          --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cunningham <billsgarage@...> wrote:

          > I'm assuming you will also offer no interest, no pay back, long term financing for purchases? I may also need absentee bidding service as well.....Thanks in advance!
          >

          > To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com
          > From: tmkldwwj@...
          > Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:20:13 +0000
          > Subject: [Crosley_Gang] SEPT. 11 AUCTION
          >

          > In case anyone didn't already make the assumption, I want to offer my place for storage of anything that any member would buy at the Henry Stetler Auction. I can only offer safe outdoor storage, but we can always put tarps over anything. Of course, I have some space for parts so that could be indoors. I am about 20 miles from the auction and I have enough space for storage. Please be sure whatever you buy has nice hubcaps (LOL). I hope to see those of you that are attending there!!!
          > Dave

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010

            Two weeks ago was the World Microcar Minicar meet in Crystal Lake .  With over 300 cars in attendance, Crosleys were well represented.  Paul Gorrell brought the CRAD and his newly restored woody.  Ken Robins brought his 1950 Good Humor truck, Norm and Janyne Smith brought their Kiddieland firetruck, Vern Kujath brought his 47 roundside PU, Ed Limke brought his 39 convertible and 49 sedan.  Peter Ryan brought a CD wagon, and Sandy and I took the Crosley J and our 52 wagon.  Bob Peterson of Cedar Rapids left his turbo Crosley at home and brought his 37 Austin instead.  Bob, Ken, and Norm all captured prizes.

            For more on the meet, go out and visit the NY Times online magazine for the article by Tudor VanHampton.  Within the article is a video with an "excellent" interview of yours truly.  The honking heard during the Crosley drive is Ed Limke and I nearly colliding.

            Folks, story and video just posted. Hope you enjoy. Tudor

            http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/05/automobiles/collectibles/05microcar.html?ref=automobiles

          • diane thrash
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
              What time does the auction start?  What is the address?  Di

            • Kathy Giles
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
                Diane: Time and date for the auction is:
                September 11, 2010 @ 11:00am
                Preview Friday, 9/10 3-6pm or starting 9am day of sale
                Location is: 107 Limekiln Road, Bechteisville, Pa 19505
                There is an ad on page 15 of the August 26 addition of Old Cars Weekly.
                Web site for the auctioneer is www.auctionbyrichards.com, This site shows all the vehicles being autctioned

                Bob Giles CAC member as of last week.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
                   Bro Dave,
                    Your offer comes too late.
                    I needed a place to store about 16 tons of greasy, dirty, rusty, old, and worthless car parts that I couldn't bring myself to dump.

                   Two acres of non swampy land would have done.
                  Needed to be non swampy when I brought em in.
                  After that it wouldn't mattered a hill of beans how deep the water got.
                  There would have been some boat, motorcycle, farm implement parts and some that didn't fit anything known since man learned to walk erect.
                    We cleaned that mess up to build the new barn in 1994.
                   Used to be an almost complete rust free TR 3 out there, the last of 5 Julie and I drove, but some fool stole it bout 35 years ago.
                    Time has it's way.
                   That junk would be treasure now.

                   Like Brother Dave Gardner said, "Ain't that weird?".........pete