Crosley sighting

  • Peter Berard
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
      I heard there was a Crosley convertible shown at an antique tractor and engine show 4 miles from my home and I missed it.  It had to be Dick Mabe's old car whose new owner, as I understand, lives in Live Oak Fl.  My daughter saw it in Valdosta at a restaurant the day it changed hands a few months ago.
       If yer gonna fool around, don't do it in a Crosley.......p
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
        Yes the Mystery Crosley at the Lake Park Antique Tractor show was ours! It is Dick's old Crosley Convertible. We had it at the show Oct 29 30 31. We drove it in all the parades there and it was a very big hit. We also had our vintage 20' wooden steam powered tugboat there. We ran the boat every day of the show and it was a big hit also. We will have it this coming Sat at another antique tractor and farm show. This one is located at Shady Grove Baptist Church on River Road in Live Oak. We have been taking it over the local senior citizen home and entertaining the folks there also. Everybody likes the little car. The restaurant in Valdosta your daughter saw us at was a hot rod car show we attended. That show was a washout but we met some nice people. If anyone is interested in attending the up coming show give us a call for details. They serve lots and lots of food there and it is all FREE! No charge for anything! Bring your Crosley and display it or just come and look at all the working farm equipment. Steve & Darlene 1-386-330-2566 Or email us for a map and directions. The show is located about 10 miles west of the Live Oak proper.

        --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

        > I heard there was a Crosley convertible shown at an antique tractor and engine show 4 miles from my home and I missed it. It had to be Dick Mabe's old car whose new owner, as I understand, lives in Live Oak Fl. My daughter saw it in Valdosta at a restaurant the day it changed hands a few months ago.
        > If yer gonna fool around, don't do it in a Crosley.......p

      • Peter Berard
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
          Most interested in your tug. We have an electric launch on the lake here. Would like to meet y'all. Will call............pete
          Yes the Mystery Crosley at the Lake Park Antique Tractor show was ours! It is Dick's old Crosley Convertible. We had it at the show Oct 29 30 31. We drove it in all the parades there and it was a very big hit. We also had our vintage 20' wooden steam powered tugboat there. We ran the boat every day of the show and it was a big hit also. We will have it this coming Sat at another antique tractor and farm show. This one is located at Shady Grove Baptist Church on River Road in Live Oak. We have been taking it over the local senior citizen home and entertaining the folks there also. Everybody likes the little car. The restaurant in Valdosta your daughter saw us at was a hot rod car show we attended. That show was a washout but we met some nice people. If anyone is interested in attending the up coming show give us a call for details. They serve lots and lots of food there and it is all FREE! No charge for anything! Bring your Crosley and display it or just come and look at all the working farm equipment. Steve & Darlene 1-386-330-2566 Or email us for a map and directions. The show is located about 10 miles west of the Live Oak proper.

          --- In Crosley_Gang@ yahoogroups. com, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@.. .> wrote:

          > I heard there was a Crosley convertible shown at an antique tractor and engine show 4 miles from my home and I missed it. It had to be Dick Mabe's old car whose new owner, as I understand, lives in Live Oak Fl. My daughter saw it in Valdosta at a restaurant the day it changed hands a few months ago.
          > If yer gonna fool around, don't do it in a Crosley..... ..p

        • Peter Berard
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 30, 2012
            Just got this in the e-mail.
            Pretty darn cool.
            Note Crosley CC wagon. Mess of Whizzers too.
              Some of you mid-west boys might get a crack at this auction..........p
          • Charles Hawkins
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 30, 2012
                beleive your too late, that auction was last year.

              Charlie H

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31, 2012

                  I missed that one big!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 31, 2012
                    the videos are still interesting tho. thank's for trying

                  Charlie H