Re: E-BAY WIPER MOTORS

  • David W. Anspach
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1 3:41 AM
      Pete;
      I must admit it is somewhat disturbing to have you thinking of me
      in the same context of "beautiful women". Barry warned me that this
      would happen!!!
      Dave
    • berard_m@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 2 8:43 PM
        David.......... You've miss-con-screwed what I said. Barry warned me that you were "disturbed" but are being treated and recovering fairly well. Seems to be a wiper motor fetish or some such. Take your meds and behave...........pete

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 3 4:27 AM
          I don't know why, but whenever the perverbile stink hits the fan, my
          name comes up.
          Barry

          --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, <berard_m@...> wrote:

          > David.......... You've miss-con-screwed what I said. Barry warned
          me that you were "disturbed" but are being treated and recovering
          fairly well. Seems to be a wiper motor fetish or some such. Take your
          meds and behave...........pete

        • David W. Anspach
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 3 7:48 AM
            Now wait a minute!!!! Who said we were talking about YOU!!! Why within
            the club alone there is Barry Ditto, Barry Dennis, Barry Mann, Barry
            Smedley and Barry Welch. There's Dave Barry, Marion Barry, Barry
            White, Barry Bonds, Barry Manilow and Barry University. There's even
            Barry, Illinois and Barry, Scotland. Any of those could have been
            responsible. And took my hubcaps!!!
          • Smedley, Barry
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 3 8:13 AM
              Barry is really my pen name, My dad's name was Boyd. So my real name is
              "Boyd's Boy" or, "Come here you little #!@$^*!" I have nothing to do
              with the hub caps.

              Barry" Boyd's boy" Smedley

              ________________________________

              Now wait a minute!!!! Who said we were talking about YOU!!! Why within
              the club alone there is Barry Ditto, Barry Dennis, Barry Mann, Barry
              Smedley and Barry Welch. There's Dave Barry, Marion Barry, Barry
              White, Barry Bonds, Barry Manilow and Barry University. There's even
              Barry, Illinois and Barry, Scotland. Any of those could have been
              responsible. And took my hubcaps!!!

              Important: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It
              may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended
              recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
              message and any attachments without distributing or retaining a copy. Thank you.

            • Tom McDowell
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 8 2:33 PM
                Oh boy, (sighing) here we go again..... LOL

                Who stirred him up about the hub caps again?????

              • berard_m@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 8 3:04 PM
                  I didn't know he went for hubcaps too! It's easy to take yer hub caps off before you bring the car in to the fair grounds, but only Dave can strip off a wiper motor quicker than a rabbit. Remarkable talents. I'll be going to Wauseon just to see him at work. Hey, how bout we have a "Wiper Swiper" contest? Huh? I know we wouldn't stand a chance against Dave, but we can establish a handy cap based on time and bloody knuckles. Kinda' like gulf, ya know what I mean? ..............peter

                  --- berard_m@... wrote:

                  > David.......... You've miss-con-screwed what I
                  > said. Barry warned me that you were "disturbed" but
                  > are being treated and recovering fairly well. Seems
                  > to be a wiper motor fetish or some such. Take your
                  > meds and behave...........pete

                • Tom McDowell
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 9 12:21 PM
                    I think there has been a long running joke about
                    someone taking Dave's hub caps. I read about the the
                    wiper swiper caper in the Q a few years back, glad I'm
                    leaving our VC at home this year, of course it doesn't
                    matter the wiper swiper got them too (LOL)

                    Tom

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • David W. Anspach
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 9 1:48 PM
                      WOW!!!!! Tom,does this mean that you are actually going to grace us
                      with your presence this year???? I didn't even know you had a VC.
                      Doesn't Precious get jealous??? Pete, I promise to stay out of any
                      wiper removal contests. But I'm in for the hubcap event. I don't care
                      where you hide them...I'll find them...then hide them again!!!
                      Dave
                    • seb fontana
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 9 3:54 PM
                        Dave, just remove and replace with marble inside...Seb.

                        "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

                        > WOW!!!!! Tom,does this mean that you are actually going to grace us
                        > with your presence this year???? I didn't even know you had a VC.
                        > Doesn't Precious get jealous??? Pete, I promise to stay out of any
                        > wiper removal contests. But I'm in for the hubcap event. I don't
                        care
                        > where you hide them...I'll find them...then hide them again!!!
                        > Dave

                      • BARRY SEEL
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 9 4:41 PM
                          A couple of years ago I pulled into the Pa Crosley Meet late, with my
                          motorhome, pulling a trailer with my Crosley wagon loaded on the
                          trailer. I jumped out of the motorhome, and ran up to the pavillion to
                          get something to eat before they shut down. When I came out I noticed
                          my hubcaps were misssing from my car. I was furious and I blamed some
                          kids that were hanging around my car when I stopped to get fuel at a
                          truck stop. I was cursing my head off. Later that nite I took the
                          Crosley off of the trailer and went down to a convience store to get
                          some ice. Low and behold when I opened the tailgate to put the ice in
                          the back of the wagon, there was my hubcaps. Then I knew who to
                          correctly blame. It has been an ongoing battle between Dave and I on
                          stealing each othersw hub caps.
                          By the way ask Tom Mc how to load a Crosley onto a trailer when two
                          guys snuck up, layed down on the ground and grabbed onto the rear
                          bumper. I sware he lost 3000 miles of clutch that day.
                          Barry

                          --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "seb fontana" <speedoo51@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Dave, just remove and replace with marble inside...Seb.
                          >
                          > "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > WOW!!!!! Tom,does this mean that you are actually going to grace
                          us
                          > > with your presence this year???? I didn't even know you had a VC.
                          > > Doesn't Precious get jealous??? Pete, I promise to stay out of any
                          > > wiper removal contests. But I'm in for the hubcap event. I don't
                          > care
                          > > where you hide them...I'll find them...then hide them again!!!
                          > > Dave

                        • David W. Anspach
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 9 5:57 PM
                            For the first time in history.....I admit it!!! Guilty as charged. (I
                            wish you all could have seen his face....I laughed so hard I think I
                            still have internal injuries). But Barry is a good sport....just
                            before judging at a car show last year, he removed the hubcaps from my
                            Hotshot!!
                            Before any of you that don't know us well draw the wrong
                            conclusion, Barry is one of my best friends in the world and I would
                            trust him alone with my ahhhh.....wife, no not her...daughter, no, not
                            her either,...mother...definitely not!!! dog...no, cat....no, sheep,
                            cow, snake...no, no, and no....goldfish, yeah that's it goldfish.
                            Thanks for being my friend, Barry!!!!
                          • BARRY SEEL
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 9 6:19 PM
                              I forgot to say that after 5, 6, or maybe 7 engine reving,clutch
                              slipping attempts to get up the ramps onto his car trailer, Tom got
                              out of the car while the car was still on the steep ramps to see what
                              was wrong with the car. When he looked behind the car and saw Chuck
                              and I laying on the ground,and holding onto his bumper his chin fell
                              to the ground. That look was priceless! I will never forget it. Chuck
                              and I were laughing so hard I thought we were going to pass out from
                              lack of oxygen.
                              Barry

                              --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "BARRY SEEL" <CROSLEY19@...>

                            • berard_m@bellsouth.net
                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 10 5:16 AM
                                OK , I apologize to Dave about the hubcap misunderstanding. David is cleared and exonerated from the "Wheel Cover Caper". But we have mug shots to back up the "Wiper Swiper Sniper" It's Brother Dave. Beyond a doubt.......................peter

                                PS I see by today's mail that the CROOKED CROSLEY CAP CON was CAPTURED and CONVICTED. CLEARLY the CHROME COVER CRIMINAL.

                                --- berard_m@... wrote:

                                > I didn't know he went for hubcaps too! It's easy to
                                > take yer hub caps off before you bring the car in to
                                > the fair grounds, but only Dave can strip off a
                                > wiper motor quicker than a rabbit. Remarkable
                                > talents. I'll be going to Wauseon just to see him
                                > at work. Hey, how bout we have a "Wiper Swiper"
                                > contest? Huh? I know we wouldn't stand a chance
                                > against Dave, but we can establish a handy cap based
                                > on time and bloody knuckles. Kinda' like gulf, ya
                                > know what I mean? ..............peter

                              • Bill Cunningham
                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 10 7:36 AM
                                  I was the "victim" of the "wiper swiping".....My car was for sale in the flea market area and I thought Dave said he wanted to buy the car....I did think it was strange when he asked to borrow my tool bag....Before I knew it, his feet were sticking straight up in the air and the wiper motor shafts were disappearing down through the cowl! I barely had time to pull out my camera and capture the mug shots. I must admit that he did pay me for the car. I still can't figure out why he bought the entire car, pulled the wiper motors out and then left the carcass sitting in my vendor spot!
                                  Hey Dave, just let me know what you need this year at Wauseon and I'll bring the parts instead of the entire car!!!

                                  To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.comFrom: berard_m@...: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:16:46 -0400Subject: Re: [Crosley_Gang] Re: E-BAY WIPER MOTORS

                                  OK , I apologize to Dave about the hubcap misunderstanding. David is cleared and exonerated from the "Wheel Cover Caper". But we have mug shots to back up the "Wiper Swiper Sniper" It's Brother Dave. Beyond a doubt.......................peter PS I see by today's mail that the CROOKED CROSLEY CAP CON was CAPTURED and CONVICTED. CLEARLY the CHROME COVER CRIMINAL.----- Original Message ----- From: Tom McDowell To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:21 PMSubject: Re: [Crosley_Gang] Re: E-BAY WIPER MOTORSI think there has been a long running joke aboutsomeone taking Dave's hub caps. I read about the thewiper swiper caper in the Q a few years back, glad I'mleaving our VC at home this year, of course it doesn'tmatter the wiper swiper got them too (LOL)Tom--- berard_m@... wrote:> I didn't know he went for hubcaps too! It's easy to> take yer hub caps off before you bring the car in to> the fair grounds, but only Dave can strip off a> wiper motor quicker than a rabbit. Remarkable> talents. I'll be going to Wauseon just to see him> at work. Hey, how bout we have a "Wiper Swiper"> contest? Huh? I know we wouldn't stand a chance> against Dave, but we can establish a handy cap based> on time and bloody knuckles. Kinda' like gulf, ya> know what I mean? ..............peter> > > > ---- Original Message ----- > From: Tom McDowell > To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:33 PM> Subject: Re: [Crosley_Gang] Re: E-BAY WIPER MOTORS> > > Oh boy, (sighing) here we go again..... LOL> > Who stirred him up about the hub caps again?????> --- berard_m@... wrote:> > > David.......... You've miss-con-screwed what I> > said. Barry warned me that you were "disturbed"> but> > are being treated and recovering fairly well.> Seems> > to be a wiper motor fetish or some such. Take> your> > meds and behave...........pete> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: David W. Anspach > > To: Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com > > Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:41 AM> > Subject: [Crosley_Gang] Re: E-BAY WIPER MOTORS> > > > > > Pete;> > I must admit it is somewhat disturbing to have> you> > thinking of me > > in the same context of "beautiful women". Barry> > warned me that this > > would happen!!!> > Dave> > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been> > removed]> > > > > > >__________________________________________________________> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you> one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. > http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been> removed]> > __________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                                • Tom McDowell
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 14 10:14 AM
                                    LOL! good thing I don't drive "Precious" alot, that
                                    clutch will probibly last the life of the car and
                                    owner!

                                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                                  • Tom McDowell
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 14 10:19 AM
                                      Now Y'all might wanna get up on bar stool or somthin
                                      real high, cause it's fixen to mighty deep in here!!!!

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 14 11:24 AM
                                        I'm gonna bring my hip boots to Wauseon.............peter
                                        --- BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

                                        > I forgot to say that after 5, 6, or maybe 7 engine
                                        > reving,clutch
                                        > slipping attempts to get up the ramps onto his car
                                        > trailer, Tom got
                                        > out of the car while the car was still on the steep
                                        > ramps to see what
                                        > was wrong with the car. When he looked behind the
                                        > car and saw Chuck
                                        > and I laying on the ground,and holding onto his
                                        > bumper his chin fell
                                        > to the ground. That look was priceless! I will never
                                        > forget it. Chuck
                                        > and I were laughing so hard I thought we were going
                                        > to pass out from
                                        > lack of oxygen.
                                        > Barry
                                        >
                                        > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "BARRY SEEL"
                                        > <CROSLEY19@...>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > A couple of years ago I pulled into the Pa Crosley
                                        > Meet late, with
                                        > my
                                        > > motorhome, pulling a trailer with my Crosley wagon
                                        > loaded on the
                                        > > trailer. I jumped out of the motorhome, and ran up
                                        > to the pavillion
                                        > > get something to eat before they shut down. When I
                                        > came out I
                                        > noticed
                                        > > my hubcaps were misssing from my car. I was
                                        > furious and I blamed
                                        > some
                                        > > kids that were hanging around my car when I
                                        > stopped to get fuel at
                                        > > truck stop. I was cursing my head off. Later that
                                        > nite I took the
                                        > > Crosley off of the trailer and went down to a
                                        > convience store to
                                        > get
                                        > > some ice. Low and behold when I opened the
                                        > tailgate to put the ice
                                        > in
                                        > > the back of the wagon, there was my hubcaps. Then
                                        > I knew who to
                                        > > correctly blame. It has been an ongoing battle
                                        > between Dave and I
                                        > on
                                        > > stealing each othersw hub caps.
                                        > > By the way ask Tom Mc how to load a Crosley onto
                                        > a trailer when
                                        > two
                                        > > guys snuck up, layed down on the ground and
                                        > grabbed onto the rear
                                        > > bumper. I sware he lost 3000 miles of clutch that
                                        > day.
                                        > > Barry
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, "seb fontana"
                                        > <speedoo51@>
                                        > > wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Dave, just remove and replace with marble
                                        > inside...Seb.

                                        > actually going to
                                        > grace
                                        > > us
                                        > even know you had a
                                        > VC.
                                        > promise to stay out of
                                        > any
                                        > hubcap event. I
                                        > don't
                                        > > > care
                                        > hide them again!!!

                                      • BARRY SEEL
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 14 3:12 PM
                                          All right! Who told Peter we were going to put his Hotshot in the
                                          Sippi hole when he wasn't looking? How else would he know to bring
                                          hip boots along, unless he heard about the sheep judging contest
                                          going on at the same time in the Wauseon fairgrounds.
                                          Barry

                                          > I'm gonna bring my hip boots to Wauseon.............peter

                                        • carl proulx
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Apr 14 3:51 PM
                                            can anybody tell me what the original gas tank for a 50 cd looks like. I had this can in the car ,its rectangular,has a threaded opening on top,maybe 3"or so. I'm assuming for the filler tube. then it has a drain plug and a small brass fitting that I would assume is the outfeed line. it also has x marks on either side.is this my gastank?

                                          • BARRY SEEL
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Apr 14 5:42 PM
                                              That is not a Crosley gas tank from what you explained. Neal Daglow has
                                              reproduction fiberglass tanks for sale. You can find him listed in the
                                              vendor section of the main Crosley Automobile website.
                                              Barry

                                              --- In Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com, carl proulx <flstc1997rider@...>