Re: [Crosley_Gang] Re: E bay car

  • berard_m@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
      Seb, I raced a TVR with the BMC B engine. It was very light and quite quick, but the rear end went out and we couldn't find an exact replacement. Even called England. They didn't have a clue as to what they had installed in that car. I got the impression that when they built a car they went out into the parking lot and used what ever they could swipe. Funny now, but we had a time getting it rolling again. Nightmare, it was...........pete
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
        Early TVR's had some type of MG sedan [or somethin tally ho!] and the
        way they mixed and matched engines/parts its no wonder even they
        didn't know what they used..From what I was told by the guys that had
        them [Griffith-tvr] the latter Griffiths used a Jag based rear for
        the derability against the V8 engines, don't know if they did that
        accross the TVR board...In the late 60's there must have been 20
        Griffiths around central CT..