Coolant Temperature

  • Garyemily
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Coolant question:

      The water-coolant temperature in the radiator of my '51 SS is 150 degrees when completely warmed up.

      On the gauge the needle is about 1/4" on the cool side of the "N".

      I have been told that the engine is running a little too cool and the temperature should be 190 degrees plus.

      Also that 190 plus would slightly increase performance.

      Comments and recommendations appreciated.

      Gary L. Ellis
      garyemily@...

    • jeffery harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006