      From: Gene Smith e.llewellyn.smith@... [Crosley_Gang] <Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com>
      To: Crosley_Gang <Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Aug 18, 2014 3:10 pm
      Subject: Re: [Crosley_Gang] now PARADE CROSLEY PHIRE TRUCK

      Yeah, all of that sounds pretty familiar! Thanks for the laugh! I had a couple of friends years ago at Harvard who had some spare cash and ended up owning a fire engine that no one else wanted. The thing I remember about it was that whenever/wherever they drove it created an instant parade. I imagine that Crosley fire trucks would have that ability in spades! Don’t you wish you had the money to assemble a complete Crosley “fire department”? I know I do!
      Gene Smith
      imagining a garage apartment with a brass pole transit to the first floor, in Houston

      On Aug 18, 2014, at 1:33 PM, Paul bikertrash@... [Crosley_Gang] <Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      or a family member or neighbor of the same widow just trying to help out. Gene, you and I have the same problem, we hunt for reasons not just accept things as they are. I don't think it's a bad past-time, at least it does keep out minds active running through the possibilities. my parents had a specific answer when I asked "why?" and they used it often. bet you heard the same answer many times.:-)   my parents needed the practice because my next brother was even worse at asking, he caught a live wasp and a honey bee bare-handed once to compare them. it didn't slow him down a bit, he is the poster boy for "inquiring mind wants to know," the one who is rose scented no matter where he falls.  do you want to drive? I'll ride rear steer on the tractor seat and throw candy.     amateur paul with just one pair of shoes

      On 8/18/2014 10:52 AM, Gene Smith e.llewellyn.smith@... [Crosley_Gang] wrote:

      The other possibility that occurred to me that also suits your description of the auction is that the seller is the widow of the previous owner of the vehicle. The auction title “Parade Crosley” also would fit that situation - a spouse who had no idea that the car had any other application or possible use.

      Gene Smith
      who always feels a little weird when he finds nice shoes at a resale shop, and realizes they probably aren’t there because somebody was just cleaning out their closet...

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic