30305Re: [Crosley_Gang] CROSLEY PHIRE TRUCK

  • Jim Bollman
    Aug 17 3:16 PM
      You can’t tell from the picture, could have been a roundside or a sedan that was modified,

      Jim...

      On Aug 17, 2014, at 3:58 PM, Paul bikertrash@... [Crosley_Gang] <Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Gene and all,
      you could be right about hoping to keep it in a Shriner stable somewhere, but this is the only auction this seller has ever done. he joined e-bay on June 23 this year and listed this Crosley  14 days later on August 6. I looked at his history, no other auctions before or since. no matter what his intentions, he was inexperienced, he listed it without a reserve. the total 11 bids came from 3 bidders, one who dropped out early. the first bidder was the eventual winner, he raised his proxy a couple of times and was only outbid the evening before the auction ended. he was determined and was awake at 4:20 am California time to raise his bid, then raised it again at 5:05, 45 minutes before the auction was over. I'm guessing his proxy was near or over 1K then, he is not inexperienced and wanted the truck.  do the rear panels say it was built from a roundside  pick-up like I think or were they added to a sedan? I'm not familiar enough with CC models to be certain.  let's go cruising,  who wants to ride rear steer on the tractor seat?    paul

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic