30199Re: [Crosley_Gang] Re: electric wipers

  • jerrysummey
    Jul 20 7:13 PM
      Sorry, I forgot the link!

      In a message dated 7/20/2014 9:31:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Crosley_Gang@yahoogroups.com writes:

      British cars from the 60’s use an electric motor that drives a spiral gear that looks like a speedometer cable.  This cable turns a small “transmission” unit that will mount in a tight space.  The cable length is adjustable to allow the motor to mount pretty much anywhere.   As I recall the chrome parts of the drive unit look very much like stock Crosley mounts.  I’ve seen modern examples of this set up advertised for Hotrod builders.   Of course all this is 12 volts.

      Mike Braun

    • Show all 37 messages in this topic