Re: [Crosley_Gang] Fan bearings

(29598)
  • Madeline Putney
    Feb 21 Expand Messages
      Thank you for responding. I can't get a puller in the hole because there is a sleeve that takes up the entire space between the bearings. I did, however, try to press them through and, you're right, they won't budge. I'm wondering how critical it is to change them. They didn't make any noise at all. I just thought that being that old they should be changed so I bought new ones.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 21, 2014, at 6:58 PM, Richard Williams <rwms_2002@...> wrote:

      I Used a slide puller, the same one used to pull a pilot bearing for the transmission shaft, out of the back of the crankshaft. They do not push through. Seems there is a flange in the center. Good luck.

      Rich W.

      On Friday, February 21, 2014 2:25 PM, Madeline Putney <dkputney@...> wrote:

      Can anyone tell me how to replace my fan bearings ?
      I purchased new ones from Service Motors but cannot remove the old ones. I'm afraid I'll damage the housing. The ones that are in the housing have been there since 1966 and don't want to move.
      Thanks Dave

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic