29589Re: [Crosley_Gang] RE: Need the gangs help...Again

  • Neal Derochie
    Feb 20, 2014
      Barry , thanks for the help , it is a carter carb and is supposed to be a newly rebuilt unit, I wanted to isolate the timing, then fuel pump before sending back the carb, I will take any advice I can get on what to check.

      Thanks in advance
      Neal In Iowa

      On Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:10 PM, "CROSLEY19@..." <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

      Timing will make it knock or slow reving. To use a 12 volt timing lite, just hook it up to a 12 volt battery, and hook the wire to #1 plug wire. To turn the dist, just loosen the rear screw with a screwdriver a little bit. Just enough that you can turn it. Turn it clockwise to advance the timing.
          It sounds to me that you need to open the main jet on the carb if you have a Tillotson. If you have a Carter, then it needs to be taken apart and be rebuilt.
      Barry

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic