29587Need the gangs help...Again

  • nadno1
    Feb 20, 2014

      hello gang, I have a question that I know you guys will have an answer for, can a modern timing light be used on our 6 volt systems if so do I hook them up  pos.  to  pos. and neg.  to neg.   and on the number 1 plug wire. like I would on a 12 volt system ,also having never adjusted the timing  do I just loosen the distributor bolt and the rear clamp to move the distributor,  The reason for doing this is my motor acts as if it has a rev limiter past half throttle it will not build RPM just kind of goes flat so I 'am trying to eliminate the timing as a possible culprit before moving on to fuel pump or carb. I unhooked the new exhaust system to make sure there was no pressure restrictions there, The motor has about 300 miles on a new rebuild.

      Thanks in advance

      Neal in Iowa

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic