Tower shaft alignment

(29034)
  • dalef62
    Nov 2, 2013 Expand Messages

      I am in the process of putting an engine together and in checking the alignment of the tower shaft.  With the shaft out of the engine and both top and bottom gears on should the timing marks be in alignment?  I have two shafts that I am looking at and both are different.  One shaft has been spot welded near the bottom above the bearing surface and the alignment dots are on the same sides.  The other shaft is not welded and the alignment marks are about 180 degrees off??  Something is not right in Crosley Town...  What should it be...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic