RE: =CROSLEY= Where is Pinecroft?

  • David Fleischer
    Message 1 of 556 , Feb 25, 2008
      Ken,

      Thank you so much for all this information!

      The only thing I had ever seen was the family plot in Spring Grove.

      I will check out those other places you have mentioned. My parents dont live that far from Mason so it will be an easy trip to see the tower.

      Again, thank you.

      David Fleischer

      To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com; crosley@yahoogroups.com
      From: kyo_123_99@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:05:58 -0800
      Subject: Re: =CROSLEY= Where is Pinecroft?

      Hi David.

      Pinecroft is located at 2366 Kipling Ave next to Mercy
      Hospital Mount Airy. Here's the address for your
      mapquesting.

      2366 Kipling Ave
      Cincinnati, Ohio 45239

      You might also want to drive by the Crosley plant
      downtown at 1329 Arlington St. Sorry but I can't find
      a zipcode for that. You can see it from I-75 South
      right before the Hopple St. exit. This where they
      made radios and appliances. The WLW broadcast studios
      were on the 8th floor before the war production forced
      them to relocate to Crosley Square. It is mentioned
      frequently in the Crosley book. Here's a picture.
      http://cincinnativi ews.net/images/ WLW%20Building. jpg

      You can also drive by the former Crosley Square, home
      of the WLW radio and TV stations for decades. It is
      at the corner of 9th and Elm Streets downtown. It is
      now an academy. Here's a picture of it.
      http://cincinnativi ews.net/images- 3/WLW-Elks. jpg

      You might also want to drive out to Mason to see the
      WLW tower and transmitter site. It was here that
      Powel built the famous 500,000 watt transmitter.
      http://www.qsl. net/k9ez/ wlw.htm
      http://hawkins. pair.com/ wlw.shtml

      Regards,
      Ken Yoder

      --- David Fleischer <edselmaniac@ msn.com> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I will be visiting Cincinnati this coming June and I
      > would like to see the Pinecroft estate where Powel
      > Crosley Jr lived. Can anyone give me an address so
      > that I can go find this place? If there are any
      > other buildings in Cincinnati that are still
      > standing that have strong connections to the history
      > of Powel Crosley, please advise.
      >
      > I have been reading the new Crosley book and find it
      > quite fascinating and would like to see some of the
      > places mentioned in the book.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > David Fleischer
      >

      > From: Crosley@yahoogroups .comTo:
      > Crosley@yahoogroups .comDate: Mon, 25 Feb 2008
      > 05:41:11 +0000Subject: =CROSLEY= Anniversary
      > Reminder
      >

      > Reminder from:
      >
      > Crosley Yahoo! Group
      >

      > Title:
      >
      > 1939: Mrs. Gwendolyn Aiken Crosley dies suddenly at
      > 48.

      > Monday February 25, 2008
      >
      > Time:
      >
      > All Day
      >
      > Repeats:
      >
      > This event repeats every year.
      >
      > Location:
      >
      > Sarasota, Florida.
      >
      > Street:
      >
      > CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB (CCOC) - 4526 29th Avenue
      >
      > City State Zip:
      >
      > Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
      >
      > Phone:
      >
      > (262) 652-3034
      >
      > Notes:
      >
      > Gwendolyn Aiken Crosley was the daughter of Walter
      > H. Aiken, supervisor of music in Cincinnati schools.
      > Mrs. Crosley had accompanied Powel to the airport
      > the day before for his flight to Cincinnati. With
      > her when she died was her daughter, Mrs. Martha Page
      > Jennings. Gwendolyn Aiken married Powel Crosley Jr.
      > in Cincinnati in 1910. She had suffered from
      > respiratory illness for some time and the actual
      > cause of her death was never learned. Other
      > survivors include her son Powel Crosley III and her
      > brothers Walter Avery Aiken and Victor A. Aiken of
      > Richmond, Indiana. Powel Crosley Jr. lifelong dream
      > of building an automobile is just two months away,
      > and he is so distraught that he never returns to the
      > Sarasota home, which survives today as a museum.
      >

      > Yahoo! Greetings:
      >
      > Send a Yahoo! Greeting
      >

      > Yahoo! Shopping:
      >
      > Browse Yahoo! Shopping Gift Guide
      >

      > Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and
      > email.Edit reminder optionsCopyright © 2008 Yahoo!
      > Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service |
      > Privacy Policy

      > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant
      > messaging. You IM, we give.

      http://im.live. com/Messenger/ IM/Home/? source=text_ hotmail_join

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?

    • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Message 556 of 556 , Jun 3, 2012
        Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

        Title: 1948: Powel Crosley III dies at 36.

        Date: Monday June 4, 2012
        Time: All Day
        Repeats: This event repeats every year.
        Location: Miami, Florida.
        Street: CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB - 4526 29th Avenue
        City State Zip: Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
        Notes: Powel Crosley III, the son of Powel Crosley Jr. and Gwendolyn Bakewell Crosley, dies of a sudden heart attack at his Miami home. He had been the general manager for the Crosley Marine Research Laboratory in suburban Coral Gables, Florida. He is survived by his widow and three sons, all of Miami.