Re: =CROSLEY= Where is Pinecroft?

  • super het
    Message 1 of 556 , Feb 25, 2008
      Hi David.

      Pinecroft is located at 2366 Kipling Ave next to Mercy
      Hospital Mount Airy. Here's the address for your
      mapquesting.

      2366 Kipling Ave
      Cincinnati, Ohio 45239

      You might also want to drive by the Crosley plant
      downtown at 1329 Arlington St. Sorry but I can't find
      a zipcode for that. You can see it from I-75 South
      right before the Hopple St. exit. This where they
      made radios and appliances. The WLW broadcast studios
      were on the 8th floor before the war production forced
      them to relocate to Crosley Square. It is mentioned
      frequently in the Crosley book. Here's a picture.
      http://cincinnativiews.net/images/WLW%20Building.jpg

      You can also drive by the former Crosley Square, home
      of the WLW radio and TV stations for decades. It is
      at the corner of 9th and Elm Streets downtown. It is
      now an academy. Here's a picture of it.
      http://cincinnativiews.net/images-3/WLW-Elks.jpg

      You might also want to drive out to Mason to see the
      WLW tower and transmitter site. It was here that
      Powel built the famous 500,000 watt transmitter.
      http://www.qsl.net/k9ez/wlw.htm
      http://hawkins.pair.com/wlw.shtml

      Regards,
      Ken Yoder

      Message 556 of 556 , Jun 3, 2012
        Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

        Title: 1948: Powel Crosley III dies at 36.

        Date: Monday June 4, 2012
        Time: All Day
        Repeats: This event repeats every year.
        Location: Miami, Florida.
        Street: CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB - 4526 29th Avenue
        City State Zip: Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
        Notes: Powel Crosley III, the son of Powel Crosley Jr. and Gwendolyn Bakewell Crosley, dies of a sudden heart attack at his Miami home. He had been the general manager for the Crosley Marine Research Laboratory in suburban Coral Gables, Florida. He is survived by his widow and three sons, all of Miami.