Where is Pinecroft?

  • David Fleischer
    Message 1 of 556 , Feb 24, 2008

      Greetings,

      I will be visiting Cincinnati this coming June and I would like to see the Pinecroft estate where Powel Crosley Jr lived. Can anyone give me an address so that I can go find this place? If there are any other buildings in Cincinnati that are still standing that have strong connections to the history of Powel Crosley, please advise.

      I have been reading the new Crosley book and find it quite fascinating and would like to see some of the places mentioned in the book.

      Thank you,
      David Fleischer

      From: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:41:11 +0000
      Subject: =CROSLEY= Anniversary Reminder

      Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

      Title: 1939: Mrs. Gwendolyn Aiken Crosley dies suddenly at 48.

      Date: Monday February 25, 2008
      Time: All Day
      Repeats: This event repeats every year.
      Location: Sarasota, Florida.
      Street: CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB (CCOC) - 4526 29th Avenue
      City State Zip: Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
      Phone: (262) 652-3034
      Notes: Gwendolyn Aiken Crosley was the daughter of Walter H. Aiken, supervisor of music in Cincinnati schools. Mrs. Crosley had accompanied Powel to the airport the day before for his flight to Cincinnati. With her when she died was her daughter, Mrs. Martha Page Jennings. Gwendolyn Aiken married Powel Crosley Jr. in Cincinnati in 1910. She had suffered from respiratory illness for some time and the actual cause of her death was never learned. Other survivors include her son Powel Crosley III and her brothers Walter Avery Aiken and Victor A. Aiken of Richmond, Indiana. Powel Crosley Jr. lifelong dream of building an automobile is just two months away, and he is so distraught that he never returns to the Sarasota home, which survives today as a museum.

      Yahoo! Greetings: Send a Yahoo! Greeting
      Yahoo! Shopping: Browse Yahoo! Shopping Gift Guide

    • Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Message 556 of 556 , Jun 3, 2012
        Reminder from: Crosley Yahoo! Group

        Title: 1948: Powel Crosley III dies at 36.

        Date: Monday June 4, 2012
        Time: All Day
        Repeats: This event repeats every year.
        Location: Miami, Florida.
        Street: CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB - 4526 29th Avenue
        City State Zip: Kenosha, Wisconsin 53140-3044
        Notes: Powel Crosley III, the son of Powel Crosley Jr. and Gwendolyn Bakewell Crosley, dies of a sudden heart attack at his Miami home. He had been the general manager for the Crosley Marine Research Laboratory in suburban Coral Gables, Florida. He is survived by his widow and three sons, all of Miami.