Historic Crosley-powered midget racer on eBay:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2008
      Photos are available from our Homepage.

      Own a piece of racing history. I believe this to be a 1940s era
      (possibly early 1950s) three-quarter midget racer. I first saw this
      car in a local garage when I was growing up around 1964. The owner
      raced it at Kokomo, Montpelier, and other local Indiana TQ dirt race
      tracks. He quit racing around 1970.

      This 3/4 racer sat in his garage for 35 years. I acquired it in 2005
      and began the restoration process by removing the roll cage, and
      beginning the dissassembly for repairs and paint. That is as far as
      I got and now it is time to pass this on to a person eager to restore
      an antique racecar. This has always been stored indoors. I have no
      spare engine parts.

      The seat is 'airplane leather' and in fairly good shape for its age.
      I have stored the seat in a heated area to help prevent
      deteroriation. I believe the tires to be original racing tires for
      this class of open-wheel racing. I began work to smooth the exhaust
      assuming this would be a static, indoor, display, but you can easily
      remove my work with a grinder.

      I believe this has an aluminum frame and everything is bolted to it.
      I'm told the engine ran when it was mothballed around 1970, but I
      can't guarantee that. It appears everything is here, but I'm no
      expert. The body is fiberglass, the fuel tank is aluminum, and all
      dust and dirt is included.

      I will be here when your shipping company arrives, but would greatly
      prefer you pick this up. I can supply the name of the person I
      bought this from, to the winning bidder. NO RESERVE....you can tell
      me what it is worth.

      Information to help me better determine what I have, and questions,
      welcome.

      PayPal, or certified funds, with payment in full within three days of
      auction end. No cash on pickup. Payment as described in full before
      pickup. Your winning bid is what you pay and no exceptions. Ask
      questions.