NYTimes.com: Frugal, Before Americans Cared

  • x779@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
      E-Mail This
      The New York Times E-mail This
      This page was sent to you by:  x779@...

      Message from sender:
      From the New York Times, December 2007:

      /   | December 16, 2007
      Collecting:  Frugal, Before Americans Cared
      By ROB SASS
      The efforts of Powel Crosley Jr. followed a path taken by many automaker start-ups: creating a car for the masses, whether the masses wanted one or not.

      Most E-mailed
      1. The Moral Instinct
      2. Op-Ed Contributor: Sex and the Teenage Girl
      3. War Torn: Across America, Deadly Echoes of Foreign Battles
      4. Personal Health: Preserving a Fundamental Sense: Balance
      5. Bright Ideas | Digital Domain: From 10 Hours a Week, $10 Million a Year

      »  Go to Complete List

      "The Savages...left me with a sense of acute pleasure, even joy."-Manohla Dargis, NY TIMES "All the performances are award-caliber in this funny, touching and vital film."-Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE Visit Official Site
      Click here to watch trailer

      Copyright 2008  The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy
    • W R
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
        Dave A.
        Did you ever get the original of this article from
        the NY Times? If not, a friend sent it to me, and we
        would be glad to forward it to you.
        Pete & Paula

        http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/16/automobiles/collectibles/16CROSLEY.html?emc=eta1

        > ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
        > This e-mail was sent to you by a friend through
        > NYTimes.com's E-mail This Article service. For
        > general information about NYTimes.com, write to
        > help@....
        >
        > NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018
        >
        > Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • David W. Anspach
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2008
          No Pete, never got it. Thanks. You should be getting your letter
          shortly on the organization of a meet at this years Macungie Pa.
          show. Barry Seel is organizing it. The meet directors have told us
          that if we can get a respectable showing this year, they will add a
          Crosley Class next year. If any others on this board are interested,
          please contact me and I'll get you the info.
          Dave Anspach
        • W R
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2008
            Dave:
            I'll mail it out to you,over the weekend. I'm sure
            I've got your mailing address
            Pete & Paula
            --- "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

            > No Pete, never got it. Thanks. You should be
            > getting your letter
            > shortly on the organization of a meet at this years
            > Macungie Pa.
            > show. Barry Seel is organizing it. The meet
            > directors have told us
            > that if we can get a respectable showing this year,
            > they will add a
            > Crosley Class next year. If any others on this
            > board are interested,
            > please contact me and I'll get you the info.
            > Dave Anspach

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • W R
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 24, 2008
              Dave:
              By the way I'm sure you know we'll be there at
              Macungi, Pa, supporting the CAC with 2 cars !
              hopefully we can get alot more Crosleys to show up
              too.

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs