Rescue Alert: Late-'48 Pickup Truck in Baton Rouge LA.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2008
      See photos from our Homepage.
      Verbatim description (eBay):
      CC 60988 For Sale by Private Seller

      You are bidding on a 1948 Crosley Pick Up Truck. This truck has been
      in a barn for the last 30 plus years. It has new tires and repainted
      wheels. The truck is almost rust free, small 4 inch hole in the floor
      behind the passenger seat. The tailgate came from a swap meet and it
      also has a rust hole in the middle. Looks like it may have been
      laying flat and rusted a hole in it. There is a dent in passenger
      door. Interior paint is peeling and guages will have to be reworked.
      No engine in the truck but I have a US Air Force generator which is
      powered by a crosley engine. This generator ran a few years back and
      it goes with the truck. Transmission is in truck and flywheel is
      behind the seat. All other parts look to be still in stock location.
      Truck rolls free, brakes do not work but all parts are there. All
      glass is flat safety glass and driver sliding window is missing.
      Missing headlight rings and seal beams. Looks like the truck broke
      the motor and owner could not afford to fix it, thus it sat in his
      barn for years. No title, comes with bill of sale only. Any
      questions please call Bruce 225-235-7937 or e-mail
      strtrodbruce@...
    • Peter Berard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2008
        Wow! Thanks for the tip. I bought it for the "now price". This car is well within my pick up area.............pete