1950 Little Chief fire trucks on eBay:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Two Rare Crosley Little Chief Fire Truck Kiddy Rides

      Miles: 12527 Interior: Red
      Year: 1950 Title: Clear
      Exterior: Red
      For Sale by: Private Seller

      Verbatim Vehicle Description:

      We are selling two (2) Crosley Fire Truck kiddy rides for one
      price. This is a fund raiser for the Firefighters of West Glens
      Falls, NY. I have listed them as 1950's, but I'm not really sure of
      the year of either one. These would make a good restoration
      project. We were told that the better one of the two ran when we got
      it, but we have not started either one of them. The motor in the
      better one is original. The other one has a spare motor with it.
      The transmission in the better one is replaced; I think it's out of a
      Datsun. Both vehicles are being sold "as is, where is", with no
      warranty expressed or implied. They are for restoration or parts
      vehicles only. Winning bidder must remove both vehicles within 14
      days of close of auction. We may be able to help with loading, but
      once they are on your tow vehicle, you own them. Full payment in
      cash or bank check will be required at time of pick up. I don't know
      much about these vehicles, but I will try to answer any questions you
      may have. Inspection of the vehicles prior to bidding is encouraged
      and may be arranged by calling (518) 955-8090. See the pictures for
      overall condition. Thank you for visiting our first auction and good
      luck with your bidding!

      The following was provided by another Ebayer:

      You have 2 rare Crosley Little Chief Fire Trucks designed in 1949 by
      Skelly Attractions and built by Fly and Harwood of Memphis,
      Tennessee. F&H extended the Crosley pickup chassis from 80 to 133
      inches, added the rear sections, plus a mini rose real on roof, siren
      and red light above windshield, large bell on cowl. Also had exterior
      sun shade over windshield and Buick "porthole" trim on front fenders.
      Carries a 6-foot ladder on each side, a few fire extinguishers, tool
      boxes, fire axe, and up to 16 kids. A chain across back kept kids in.
      Little Chiefs came with a two-faced 4x6-foot custom removable
      advertising sign that mounted between the two rows of seats. It was
      introduced at the 1949 Chicago Railroad Fair and the Memphis Cotton
      Carnival, and won the "Most Meritorious New Device or Ride Award" at
      the 1949 National Association of Amusement Parks, Pools & Beaches
      Convention. Perhaps only a few dozen of these were built. Feel free
      to add this information to your listing. Good luck.

      Update 1/1/08: The approximate length of the better Crosley is
      17'9". The other one is approximately 17'3". Hope this helps!