1939 Crosley 1-A Convertible in Pennsylvania: eBay.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008

      See our Homepage and click New Photos.

      Very nice restoration completed in 2000, this car is an original 1939 Crosley convertible coupe painted in the original Crosley yellow. Complete with the correct 2 cylinder air cooled Waukesha engine.  Drives as nicely as it did in 1939 right out of the Crosley appliance showroom.  A welcome addition to any collection!

      VIN: 39011360

    • David Fleischer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008

        Hi,

        I am a Cincinnati native and while not a Crosley owner, I love old orphan cars.

        Back in 1953, a disgruntled Crosley owner allowed his Crosley to roll into the Ohio River in Cincinnati. Does anyone in the group know about this story? Is the car still in the water or was it ever recovered? In the 1970's a friend of mine was riding on a riverboat in the Ohio River and he said he could see a very old car under the water but didnt know what it was, but I wonder if it was that Crosley.

        David F

        To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
        From: x779@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:52:56 +0000
        Subject: =CROSLEY= 1939 Crosley 1-A Convertible in Pennsylvania: eBay.

        See our Homepage and click New Photos.
        Very nice restoration completed in 2000, this car is an original 1939 Crosley convertible coupe painted in the original Crosley yellow. Complete with the correct 2 cylinder air cooled Waukesha engine.  Drives as nicely as it did in 1939 right out of the Crosley appliance showroom.  A welcome addition to any collection!
        VIN: 39011360

        Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!