Re: Nicknamed a Peep, 2/3rds the size of a Jeep and looked like a Je

  • Derick Moore
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

      > Derick;
      > snip
      > See if they are what you remember. If anyone else can identify this
      > vehicle, it would be appreciated. It has been published as a mystery
      > vehicle.

      Thanks for an interesting try Dave! The corners on the vehicle in
      your pictures are to round. Whatever I had was 'squarer'.

      Also, I note this had a speedometer reading up to 70mph. Whatever I
      had read up to, I think, 50mph.

      Derick

      P.S. My friend Doris passed her photo albums on to her daughter. Now
      I'm hoping that Sheila (the daughter) can find me a picture (or 2 or 3
      or ..).

      P.P.S. I wrote the librarian at the Commemorative Air Force
      http://www.commemorativeairforce.org/ just before Christmas. She
      recently answered with a couple of references, and this quote from the
      book "Indestructible Jeep". It says, "Jeep succeeded in becoming the
      standard term for the 1/4-ton truck in competition with Blitz Buggy,
      Peep, Puddle Jumper, Midget, Pygmy and a number of others..."

      The search continues!