Re: Nicknamed a Peep, 2/3rds the size of a Jeep and looked like a Je

  • David W. Anspach
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      Derrick;
      Due to my technical ineptitude, it was necessary to ask Lou to be
      so kind as to post the pictures for me. They are in the photo section,
      under miscellaneous, titled A Crosley (and A Crosley 1). See if they
      are what you remember. If anyone else can identify this vehicle, it
      would be appreciated. It has been published as a mystery
      vehicle "Whatsit" and I for one would sure like to know what it is.
      Thanks!!
      Dave Anspach
    • Derick Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "David W. Anspach" <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

        > Derick;
        > snip
        > See if they are what you remember. If anyone else can identify this
        > vehicle, it would be appreciated. It has been published as a mystery
        > vehicle.

        Thanks for an interesting try Dave! The corners on the vehicle in
        your pictures are to round. Whatever I had was 'squarer'.

        Also, I note this had a speedometer reading up to 70mph. Whatever I
        had read up to, I think, 50mph.

        Derick

        P.S. My friend Doris passed her photo albums on to her daughter. Now
        I'm hoping that Sheila (the daughter) can find me a picture (or 2 or 3
        or ..).

        P.P.S. I wrote the librarian at the Commemorative Air Force
        http://www.commemorativeairforce.org/ just before Christmas. She
        recently answered with a couple of references, and this quote from the
        book "Indestructible Jeep". It says, "Jeep succeeded in becoming the
        standard term for the 1/4-ton truck in competition with Blitz Buggy,
        Peep, Puddle Jumper, Midget, Pygmy and a number of others..."

        The search continues!