Re:Pre/post war hub caps

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
       those
      were stamped with both
      the arrow-script logo
      and the
      later 'speedline' logo.

      Lew, if I read you correctly the arrow script was the original and included, as my failing memory recalls, a segmented or multi broken arrow.  The speedline is what we find on most post war models.  Have you any idea when the change occured?  I think we need to speak and I can't easily find your number.  How about a direct contact via email.
      THANKS
      RK

      www.kirks-auto.com

    • David W. Anspach
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
        Robert;
        I would agree with Lou that there may be a desire for the flatter
        cap. Yankee Crosley is having the high dome made and what I've seen
        of them they are really nice. I just fear I will do to them what
        happened to the original high domes. That is, damage them every time
        I park at a curb. In any case, I wish you luck in your quest. Even
        the Chinese want a minimum commitment for the caps and some tooling
        investment. I made an effort on the flat cap a number of years ago
        and just couldn't afford the minimum investment along with the problem
        of communication with the Chinese (tried India also). If I remember
        right, they wanted a minimum order of 1,000 caps for initial
        production and an investment of several thousand dollars for tooling
        up front.
        As far as the arrow on the hubcap, I have seen both the full
        arrow and the single line on both high and low dome caps and on
        vehicles of all years. If someone has a definate timeline, I'd like
        to see it too. I have seen high domes on pictures of cars from the
        factory up to 1952.
        Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2007
          The '39-through-'42