Re: =CROSLEY= Pre/post war hub caps

  • jimemco55@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18, 2007
      I have 5 caps,one of which says "crosmobile" on it. They are in fair shape,(meaning no rust-through) and are for sale. I am in Akron,Ohio 44312. E-mail me if any interest. Jim

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
         those
        were stamped with both
        the arrow-script logo
        and the
        later 'speedline' logo.

        Lew, if I read you correctly the arrow script was the original and included, as my failing memory recalls, a segmented or multi broken arrow.  The speedline is what we find on most post war models.  Have you any idea when the change occured?  I think we need to speak and I can't easily find your number.  How about a direct contact via email.
        THANKS
        RK

        www.kirks-auto.com

      • David W. Anspach
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
          Robert;
          I would agree with Lou that there may be a desire for the flatter
          cap. Yankee Crosley is having the high dome made and what I've seen
          of them they are really nice. I just fear I will do to them what
          happened to the original high domes. That is, damage them every time
          I park at a curb. In any case, I wish you luck in your quest. Even
          the Chinese want a minimum commitment for the caps and some tooling
          investment. I made an effort on the flat cap a number of years ago
          and just couldn't afford the minimum investment along with the problem
          of communication with the Chinese (tried India also). If I remember
          right, they wanted a minimum order of 1,000 caps for initial
          production and an investment of several thousand dollars for tooling
          up front.
          As far as the arrow on the hubcap, I have seen both the full
          arrow and the single line on both high and low dome caps and on
          vehicles of all years. If someone has a definate timeline, I'd like
          to see it too. I have seen high domes on pictures of cars from the
          factory up to 1952.
          Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 22, 2007
            The '39-through-'42