Pre War parts

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
      With interest in my offerings of pre war bumpers in stainless steel, shock and spring bushings in poly urethane for both pre and post war vehicles,  and a few sets of head gaskets sold I am going to try and develop other items for the pre war cars not offered by the long time principle vendors of Crosley parts.  There is never a need to replicate efforts so that said I would like feed back to having a complete gasket set made for the Waukesha, bumper brackets for the 39 and later models....I don't know when the twisted 39s were replaced by a single mount PLUS an extra overrider item.  Hubcaps which are unique to the pre war but also mimicing one of either the two post war items in diminsion.  I will likly have them made in single piece stainless rather than the OEM cheaper "wrapped" manner as that cost is prohibitive and actually inferior to what can be done today.
      Any other parts much needed by pre war owners.  My endeavor is not to profit so much as maintain a precious and apparently rare breed of unique automobiles ignored for far too many years.  I think even those of us with post war cars appreciate the absolute genius of Powell's first marketable creations and me thinks they will one day derive the respect they are overdue...as with the post war items.

      Finally, I would like to create a sub list on this site of owners of pre wars and anyone who may not be inter connected via the internet.  Any and every one is solicited to offer thoughts to the issues and reply to me directly.  While at first scance this seems a commercial solicitation anyone dealing with me understands my heart felt desire to return to the community at cost or less with equal or better items for replacements.

      www.kirks-auto.com

    • Papajaks@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
        Whether it be phor phun, love, or profit,  it is a commendable undertaking.  I guess no one has done it  because there is such a limited market.  I think it was Butch that said something about there being "just enough of'em out there to be a nuisance"" [or something like that]  Anyway, put me on your list of interested owners.

        Thanks,
        Jak Phillips

      • butch46988
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
          Yes Jak,

          That was me, and your remembrance of the conversation is pretty accurate.

          Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313,
          www.servicemotors.net

          --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Papajaks@... wrote:

          > Whether it be phor phun, love, or profit, it is a commendable
          undertaking.
          > I guess no one has done it because there is such a limited market.
          I think
          > it was Butch that said something about there being "just enough
          of'em out
          > there to be a nuisance"" [or something like that] Anyway, put me
          on your list
          > of interested owners.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jak Phillips

        • Peter Berard
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
            And if you need an interrupter for Jak, I'd be glad to help..............peter