Janesville WI: Early '48 CC Sport Convertible on eBay-

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2007
      Miles: 40835 Interior: White
      Warranty: Unspecified Year: 1948
      Title: Clear Exterior: Red

      1948 Crosley Convertible. Needs restoration completed. I bought this
      car about 3 years ago. It is in need of restoration. Shortly after my
      purchasing I changed jobs and now do not have the time to restore the
      car. The car was repaired several years ago. Previous owner said it
      had been hit from behind and you can see the repair on rear in the
      pictures. Several areas of the car has some sort of bondo. Some
      cracks showing in the repairs and paint. Could be redone or replaced,
      depending on what you are planning for the car. This is a hard to
      find car and is definately worth having it restored. The interior
      also needs to be completed. I just do not have the time. I have over
      $700.00 worth of new parts that go with the car to complete the
      rrestoration. The following items do need attention:

      I have not started the car, so not sure how it runs. Previous owner
      said it did but that was several years ago. Engine does turn by hand.
      Gas tank does not leak but is dented and probalby needs to be
      resealed. Front brakes have been converted to hydraulic, rears need
      to be done. Floors need to be replaced. Had aluminum installed over
      the original, but needs to be removed and replaced. Drivers side is
      removed. Passenger side door window is cracked. It is the front piece
      that is angled. Tires hold air but are old and probably need to be
      replaced. Wiring seems to be ok but not sure. Battery box needs to be
      welded in place. Needs interior to be finished. New parts included:
      Both sides front floor pans - Window rubber - Tune up kit - Rear
      brake drums and parts - new windshield wiper arms and rubbers - May
      have other parts but will have to look in boxes to see what is there.

      Other items of mention:
      have original seats and covers - have a vinyl top that was made for
      it, do not think it is original - - have the metal bows that hold the
      vinyl top up - two extra engines included - one is rusty and one
      looks in good condition and turns by hand - two extra rear ends -
      several tire rims and tires - heater box is included - extra
      transmission parts - think there are 2-3 complete but some have worn
      gears - Tires hold air but do show cracking on sides - chrome on
      bumpers is good - hubcaps included - original air cleaner included -
      electrical is 6 volt positive ground - I have tried to list all
      things I know about this car but please remember it is over 50 years
      old and it is sold as is. If you would like to view this car before
      purchase email and we can set up a time to see it. If you need
      additional pictures please email me and I can send them out. This is
      a great little car that I hope someone will purchase and complete the
      restoration. I do not want to sell but just do not have the time to
      do the restoration. Please do not bid if you do not plan to purchase.
      I can help assist to ship but buyer has to arrange all shipping.
      Thank you for viewing my auction and please ask any questions before
      bidding.