Rescue Alert" CD SW in Mass.

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2007
      Here's another hotrod project that fortunately died before the car
      was permanently damaged:

      1952 Crosley Super Station Wagon Model CD Project car with parts car

      You are bidding on a complete, unrestored, Vintage, Original 1952
      Crosley Wagon and an accompanying parts car.
      The Red car was purchased to make a mild modified driver for my son
      but he lost interest in the project.

      The original motor is no longer with the red car.

      I have almost every part for this car except an original Crosley
      Radio, Grill and Spinner.

      The auction also includes a donor parts car which will be needed.

      The Red car in the pictures has an outstanding body that has minimal
      if any rust on the panels and is very straight. The floorpans are
      almost completely gone. Upon removing the body from the frame, I
      discovered that the frame was cracked and broken on the passenger
      side ahead of the rear axle.

      The grey car was going to be the donor frame, (which is good), and
      any sheet metal patches needed.

      Additionally, it came with three or four floor patch panels which
      solved almost all of the floor issues. I believe it may require one
      additional front passenger floor pan on one of the sides but I am not
      sure of this at the time of the listing. The cargo area will need
      some minor work as well.

      Almost every trim part and stainless item (except the grill), is with
      the car, as well as all of the seats and mounts from both cars.

      I believe I have all but one piece of glass is there but it was going
      to be replaced by purchasing tinted glass from an e-Bayer whow
      specializes in flat glass. I have even found beautiful reproductions
      of the tail lights and turn signals here on e-Bay. Almost every part
      and piece is available for this car.

      The body has been reinforced with square tube welded to the body to
      support it when it was to be transferred to the new frame.

      The original Wheels are almost new, and even the tires are excellent.
      I also have the original spare tire mount.

      There is one excellent front bumper and a brand new gravel pan; a
      repaired and primered rear gravel pan; two brand new Rocker panels;
      as well as two spare front bumpers. The rear bumper is straight but
      will either need rechroming or sanded down and repainted as I
      intended to do.

      The rear gates are in in very nice shape. The bottom section has been
      straightened and had some paint color test done on it. (Green &
      White). There are many other items that are included with this
      auction, but if I find any item that is not listed in this auction it
      goes with the car.

      I am listing the cars with minimal pictures to keep the auction costs
      down. But, I have an entire online folder of pictures I will be happy
      to share with you that details ALL of the car's good and bad points.

      I have a flatbed trailer that can transport ONE car, and I will
      transport ONE car within 50 miles from my house for free. However, if
      you need transportation further than that the charge will be 1 dollar
      ($1.00) per mile to cover fuel costs and wear and tear on my tow
      vehicle.

      I strongly urge you to obtain transportaion for both of the cars and
      all of the various parts and pieces to simplify your transport.

      There is absolutely no title and transfer will be done so as a bill
      of sale with the VIN of the car.
    • Peter Berard
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2007
        Yah, but there is one modified Hot Shot out there I'd just love to own. The one with the souped up Ford 60. Makes my heart flip flop.......................peter

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2007
          Back in the mid 50's I test drove your dream,Hotshot
          with a Ford V8 60 3carbs dual pipes al heads and 3/4
          cam. The drive train was Ford,cut down rear end and a
          short drive shaft. I can say it really go and the
          sound was great. Tom Lee

          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • Peter Berard
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2007
            Nothing, but nothing, ever has sounded as good as a Ford flatty. Well, maybe a P51 Mustang, but that's it....................p

            --- Peter Berard <berard_m@bellsouth. net> wrote:

            > Yah, but there is one modified Hot Shot out there
            > I'd just love to own. The one with the souped up
            > Ford 60. Makes my heart flip
            > flop........ ......... ......peter

            http://tv.yahoo. com/

          • Peter Berard
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 2007
              Tom, Who had the car, and tell us more. Got any pictures?...........p

            • aenderle3@cox.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007
                Just wanted to let you know that I rescued the two CD's from Massachusetts. I am actually restoring the red CD back to its former glory and the grey CD is going to a fellow enthausist who is going to do his best to convert it into a pick up since the body is pretty well shot and the original barn door was sold along with the doors. I am in need of one door with crank windows. If anyone has a door passenger please let me know. Thank you
                Art Enderle
                Enfield CT

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 19, 2007
                  --- In
                  Crosley@yahoogroups.com,
                  <aenderle3@...> wrote:

                  > Just wanted to let
                  you know that I rescued
                  the two CD's from
                  Massachusetts. I am
                  actually restoring the
                  red CD back to its
                  former glory and the
                  grey CD is going to a
                  fellow enthausist who
                  is going to do his best
                  to convert it into a
                  pick up since the body
                  is pretty well shot and
                  the original barn door
                  was sold along with the
                  doors. I am in need of
                  one door with crank
                  windows. If anyone has
                  a door passenger please
                  let me know. Thank you
                  > Art Enderle
                  > Enfield CT
                  Speaking for myself,
                  Art, thank you for
                  reaching out and saving
                  those two cars.

                  =Lou=
                • aenderle3@cox.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 20, 2007
                    Thank you Lou, It has become a passion with me.