fan unit.

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2007
      I have now taken apart 3 fan units to get one working.  Question is what is the consensus about packing the two bearings?  I think that as modern sealed units there is little to be gained by opening the interior seal and packing it all with grease.  Thoughts or opinions?
      rk

      www.kirks-auto.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2007
        Robert Kirk wrote:

        "I have now taken
        apart 3 fan units to
        get one working.
        Question is what is the
        consensus about packing
        the two bearings? I
        think that as modern
        sealed units there is
        little to be gained by
        opening the interior
        seal and packing it all
        with grease. Thoughts
        or opinions?"
        > rk
        >

        > Regards,
        > Robert Kirk
        > www.kirks-auto.com

        Robert, both my CCs
        have grease fittings on
        the fan hubs. Does
        yours have a grease
        fitting?

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
          Only one of the 3 has a grease fitting.  I believe someone added it BUT its my belief that one should be installed on each side in order to maintain balance.  In fact with modern steel shielded enclosed bearings I question the need to have any grease fitting.  But that is why I am asking.

          www.kirks-auto.com