1952 CD Super Sedan -Janesville WI:

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
      Vehicle Description (verbatim)

      1952 Crosley Super Sedan. Great condition. I bought this car about 3
      years ago. It has been professionally repainted and the engine
      rebuilt before my purchasing. It starts and runs good.

      Shortly after my purchasing I changed jobs and now do not have the
      time to enjoy this car. It is a real fun car to drive. Always gets a
      thumbs up when your out for a drive. I have not driven it in the last
      year, but start it every month and move it around the yard.
      Everything works that I am aware of. The paint does have two chips.
      One on the front where the hood comes down and one on the passenger
      side door edge. Otherwise the paint is in excellent condition. The
      underside was recoated also. The interior upolstery needs to be
      completed. I just do not have the time. It could be done yourself if
      you know a seamstress, as it is a fairly simple interior.

      The following items do need attention:

      Carburator needs adjusting - or may just need some fresh gas.

      Seal between fill tube and gas tank leaks when too full. It is a
      rubber seal.

      Front passenger brake needs adjusting as it grabs when it gets hot

      Needs interior finished

      Completed items:

      Has newer brakes - - - Water pump and generator work good - - -
      windshield wipers work

      all new rubber seals on windows - - - new wiring harness - - -Floor
      is original - only small area on drivers side about 12" square was
      replaced

      Transmission works fine - - - has heater but is missing inside cover -
      - - newer exhaust

      Tires are good but do show some cracking on sides - - - all new
      chrome bumpers - no rust shine great - - - rims have been blasted and
      repainted white

      propeller is there and in great condition - - - hood ornament is an
      original - - - all glass is good no cracks

      have fender ornaments and bumperettes but they need rechroming

      I have tried to list all things I know about this car but please
      remember it is over 50 years old

      If you would like to view this car before purchase email and we can
      set up a time to see it. If you need additional pictures please email
      me and I can send them out. This is a great little fun car to own. I
      do not really want to sell but just do not have the time to enjoy.
      Most parts are easily available through a number of vendors. The
      Crosley Automobile Club members can offer a wealth of knowledge to
      help with anything needed about Crosleys. This was the last year
      Crosleys were produced and only around 225 Sedans were made the last
      year. Have many extra parts that I may include if the price is
      right. Please do not bid if you do not plan to purchase. I can help
      assist to ship but buyer has to arrange all shipping. Thank you for
      viewing my auction and please ask any questions before bidding.

      Also have a 1948 Crosley Convertible that will be selling soon. Email
      for details.

      Note to buyers: car does have original 6 volt negative ground system

      has newer battery and blinker light switch

      car has roll up windows

      has original points, condenser and coil - can be updated to
      electronic if desired

      (Note: Mileage is advertised as 16,000 +. Photos are posted in our CD
      Photos collection.)
      =================
      CCOC Membership as of today: 216. Welcome to all new members!
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
        How much and how much for the 48 soon to come to market?

        www.kirks-auto.com

        Got a little couch potato?
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2007
          Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

          > How much and how much for the 48 soon to come to market?
          >

          > Regards,
          > Robert Kirk
          > www.kirks-auto.com

          Bidding is just past $4,000, but his reserve isn't met, and bidding
          ends Saturday night, Robert. The car is pictured on our CCOC Homepage.