Re: Crosley-powered Hall Flying Car Automobile

  • kirkbrit
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007
      When I was in elementary school we had a weekly periodical called, of
      all things the "Weekly Reader". I was published by Scholastic Magazine
      and was only 4 pages as I recall. I also recall an article about this
      very flying car. I seem to also recollect articles in Mechanix
      Illustrated and or Popular Science. Keep in mind I was only 10 or so
      but I have absolute recollection of the reading the article and
      marveling at the "wave of the future" it seemed to portend.

      > There are many legends about Crosley-powered flying cars, but this
      great article should clear up the reality of it. Ted Hall's flying car
      used a CoBra engine for the automobile portion of his flying car and a
      90 HP Franklin engine for the propeller.
      > http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/aircraft/Aerocar/info/info.htm
      >
      > =Lou=

      > The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
      Robert Anthony