Re: Crosley Meet at Crosley Mansion Pinecroft Cincinnati

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
      "rusty7397" <rusty7397@...> wrote:

      > Would like to to know the time and date of meet.

      I'm not aware of anything at Pinecroft coming up soon, but there was
      a rare open house in mid-December of last year. Mercy Franciscan
      Hospital, which owns Pinecroft, is planning a $600,000 restoration
      project in order to be able to use Pinecroft as a rental facility.
      Here's something from last year, and we also have a photo from that
      open house in our new Pinecroft album:

      Dear Ken Lyon,
      Besides whatever you and your friends and family are doing together
      to celebrate the holidays, there are plenty of things to do in our
      community. For a summary of coming events in College Hill, see the
      Calendar at the bottom of this eNewsletter.

      Public Flocks to Crosley Mansion

      Last week's rare open house at Pinecroft, the Crosley Mansion in Mt.
      Airy, drew two thousand visitors curious to see the famed inventor's
      home. In the picture, visitors to the Crosley Mansion look at one of
      Crosley's tiny automobiles--favorites with collectors around the
      country.

      Powel Crosley, Jr., grew up in College Hill and gained wealth and
      fame for his many inventions. The namesake of Crosley Field, he also
      owned the Cincinnati Reds and WLW radio (which he started out of his
      College Hill home).

      Powel's brother and partner Lewis stayed in College Hill but Powel
      moved down Kipling Road where he built a $750,000 mansion on 113
      acres of land now owned by Mercy Franciscan Hospital Mt. Airy. The
      hospital hopes to raise about $600,000 to renovate the home and make
      it available for events.

      A new book about the family, Crosley: Two Brothers and a Business
      Empire that Changed the Nation, is available at local bookstores or
      here. At that site, you'll also find pictures of the Crosleys in
      College Hill.

      Story and photo contributed by Gail D. Finke.