Crosley Meet at Crosley Mansion Pinecroft Cincinnati

  • rusty7397
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Would like to to know the time and date of meet.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        "rusty7397" <rusty7397@...> wrote:

        > Would like to to know the time and date of meet.

        I'm not aware of anything at Pinecroft coming up soon, but there was
        a rare open house in mid-December of last year. Mercy Franciscan
        Hospital, which owns Pinecroft, is planning a $600,000 restoration
        project in order to be able to use Pinecroft as a rental facility.
        Here's something from last year, and we also have a photo from that
        open house in our new Pinecroft album:

        Dear Ken Lyon,
        Besides whatever you and your friends and family are doing together
        to celebrate the holidays, there are plenty of things to do in our
        community. For a summary of coming events in College Hill, see the
        Calendar at the bottom of this eNewsletter.

        Public Flocks to Crosley Mansion

        Last week's rare open house at Pinecroft, the Crosley Mansion in Mt.
        Airy, drew two thousand visitors curious to see the famed inventor's
        home. In the picture, visitors to the Crosley Mansion look at one of
        Crosley's tiny automobiles--favorites with collectors around the
        country.

        Powel Crosley, Jr., grew up in College Hill and gained wealth and
        fame for his many inventions. The namesake of Crosley Field, he also
        owned the Cincinnati Reds and WLW radio (which he started out of his
        College Hill home).

        Powel's brother and partner Lewis stayed in College Hill but Powel
        moved down Kipling Road where he built a $750,000 mansion on 113
        acres of land now owned by Mercy Franciscan Hospital Mt. Airy. The
        hospital hopes to raise about $600,000 to renovate the home and make
        it available for events.

        A new book about the family, Crosley: Two Brothers and a Business
        Empire that Changed the Nation, is available at local bookstores or
        here. At that site, you'll also find pictures of the Crosleys in
        College Hill.

        Story and photo contributed by Gail D. Finke.