Re: =CROSLEY= skirts?

  • berard_m@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
      I think the rear fender cut outs are the same judging from the pictures in the club photo gallery. If we don't get any response from the members, I've got a friend who restores WW2 T6 aircraft and has an English wheel. Might be he could roll a few pair at a reasonable price. It would take some metal fabrication to finish, but he can produce the blister. Club member Tim Freshley does some beautiful sheet metal work. Maybe he could be enticed...............pp
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:24 AM
        In 1986 I bought a '50
        CD sedan to save it
        from whatever bad luck
        might befall it on the
        open market. It had a
        pair of unmounted
        fender skirts in the
        luggage compartment and
        three tiny holes in the
        rear fender panel.

        I gave the car to Bill
        Jalensky, who then gave
        it to Bill Houghton in
        Texas. But Bill forgot
        to give Bill the
        skirts, and they were
        lost in a subsequent
        house fire. (Bill has
        since sold the car, I
        heard from his son-in-
        law.)

        I'd seen Crosley skirts
        on rare occasion, but I
        always thought the
        CCs/CDs looked better
        without them. The VCs
        do look nice with
        skirts, I think.

        Skirts were never a
        Crosley option, and I'm
        guessing they're JC
        Whitney or equivalent.

        =Lou=

        <berard_m@...> wrote:

        I think the rear fender
        cut outs are the same
        judging from the
        pictures in the club
        photo gallery. If we
        don't get any response
        from the members, I've
        got a friend who
        restores WW2 T6
        aircraft and has an
        English wheel. Might be
        he could roll a few
        pair at a reasonable
        price. It would take
        some metal fabrication
        to finish, but he can
        produce the blister.
        Club member Tim
        Freshley does some
        beautiful sheet metal
        work. Maybe he could be
        enticed...............pp

          I am most interested!  Let me know what and who you might find.  I have a Canary Yellow VC and happen to have some anodized gold sheet aluminum.  I intend to modify the front air scoop, rear wheel "spats" and a tonneau cover in the gold.
          RK

          www.kirks-auto.com

        • berard_m@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 12:51 PM
            Ah hah Robert, I see you speak Limey.  Yep, I'd love to put some on my XK 140, but with wire wheels I can't. The knock offs stick out too far.  I'll   keep you in mind along with a list of anyone else who might contact me,   and If this thing comes to fruit we may produce a few sets. On the other hand, if any of you folks out in Crosley land knows of something currently produced that we might cut down please let us know............p