Great Pacific NW mini & micro meet

  • httrbx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2007
      July 28th (Saturday only) Portland OR
      Pacific Northwest Micro Meet
      3rd Annual Mini & Micro Classic Car Event
      9-3 pm
      All cars under 1000cc's welcome After meet drive TBA
      Location: Portland International Raceway
      Please RSVP Mark@... for free admission.
      ($10 admission if not on guest list)

      For more info contact NW Mini-Microcar host: Mark Hatten 503-703-6220
      or visit Pacific NW MicroMeet web page: http://pnw-
      microcar.nfshost.com/
      We have some new information:
      The Great Pacific NW mini-micro car show is drawing very-very near!,
      now only 20 days away on Saturday July 28th! Way less than a month,
      Hooray !
      I wanted to remind all attendees to state your name(s) at the gate
      as you enter the track. The person working the ticket booth has a
      minicar-microcar attendee master list, if your name is on the list,
      you're in! If your name is NOT on the list then it is up to the
      discression of that ticket person to charge the 10$ per person
      admission fee or not. I would like to think any mini-microcar
      attendee will be allowed in for free, but cannot guarantee it. The
      track is being rented to the Oregon Motorcycle Racing Association
      for track racing events all day on July 28th . They are most
      gracious for letting us use the greenspace west of the paddock
      outside the track for no charge.
      The minicars and microcars will be congregating on the grassy area
      near the back (West of the paddock area, outside the track) under
      the shade trees. Look for lots of small cars. Volunteers will be
      directing cars to park.
      Concessions are available across the Bridgestone Tire skybridge in
      the track infield.
      The optional after meet drive will be about 5-7 miles each way from
      PIR to Cathedral Park under the historic St. Johns bridge on the
      East bank of the Willamette river right under the Historic bridge on
      N. Pittsburg Ave. on the South side of the park. We will meet up
      with a bunch of type III's VW's for a BBQ. about 3.30 pm. The VW's
      will be congregating for Sunday's annual PIR "Bug-in" event.
      A few have asked about hotels and camping. Hotels and motels near
      the track are abundant! I have checked pricing on the brand new pet
      friendly Motel 6. Plenty of rooms are available and rates vary from
      57-69 $. This is the probably the cheapest place to stay and is very
      close to PIR, ¾ to 1 mile away, within walking distance. Here is the
      link.
      http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?
      num=4198&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=on
      There is no camping @ the track, nor would you really want to,
      since late night drag racing on July 28th ends @ 1 am. There are two
      RV parks close by.
      Jantzen Beach RV Park
      1503 N Hayden Island Dr, Portland, OR (1.20 miles away)
      503-289-7626

      Columbia River RV Park
      10649 NE 13th Ave, Portland, OR (2.13 miles away)
      503-285-1515
      The PIR website http://www.portlandraceway.com/ is a great source
      of info

      See you soon, Mark