'39 Convertible Coupe on eBay.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18 9:00 PM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Louis Rugani
      Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 10:50 PM
      To: No Reply
      Subject: '39 Convertible Coupe on eBay.

      It sold for over $8,000. Remember, those of you with the first Crosleys: the '39s-only have some engineering flaws that require some preplanning; without universal joints, keep it on smooth pavement, and go easy on the engine.

      =Lou=

      ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      1. '39 A Convertible Coupe(170120703145 ends Jun-17)
      From: Louis Rugani

      Message

      1. '39 A Convertible Coupe(170120703145 ends Jun-17)
      Posted by: "Louis Rugani" x779@... mrcooby
      Date: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:02 pm ((PDT))

      Louis Rugani <x779@...> has sent you the following web link:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=170120703145

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      Messages in this topic (1)

      (A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19 3:33 PM
        It apparently sold to Louisville KY.  Car sat for years covered in a blanket in a barn with a roof leak.  The factory welds on one rear corner are rusting thru.  Bumpers and brackets apparently home made and poor.  Wrong gauges and only two proper hub caps....nearly impossible to find for a prewar.  Paint is ruined from poor storage.  Better to leave a vehicle uncovered than covered like that or with anything which fails to "breathe".  If you think about plastic lay it out UNDER the car to prevent moisture buildup from the floor.

        The sellers reserve was 8K and I personally think the car is only worth about 6K...but I am obviously wrong as it sold sight unseen for nearly 8500....an entree of buyers regret me thinks.

        Thanks for your continued support...Its appreciated and much needed. If you are pleased pass my name along...if you have issue PLEASE let me know....I am here to help!
        www.kirks-auto.com

      • berard_m@bellsouth.net