Another one saved: a 1941 Crosley Covered Wagon.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2007
      Saturday night I brought home a barn-fresh one-owner '41 Crosley Covered Wagon - the same model that Cannon Ball Baker drove on his historic national run in 1940 - from an estate in the 3300 block of Guilford Street, Indianapolis.
      It's all complete except for the missing Tillotson DY-1 carburetor, but I already have one anyways. The serial number plate says 390-30076, and it was last registered in 1953. I'll give progress reports.

      We have a Cannon Ball Baker brochure in our literature archive in the Photos section which shows the Covered Wagon. Paul Gorrell owns a restored one.

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony